BuddyDev

Search

moving/deleting/renaming tabs and subnavs

Tagged: , ,

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Gijs on #24514

Dear Buddydev,

This is what I want; https://imgur.com/a/cg0XD0w. Do you know a plugin that not only moves tabs, but also relocates subnavs to different tabs, renames them or deletes them?

I find the code that I find on github, here, my theme WPLMS forum or at buddypress so difficult to understand/adjust and implement. Hope you can help.

Gijs

• Participant
    Gijs on #24515

If not a plugin then perhaps specific code (I don’t mind paying for it if it does what I want it to do)

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24527

Hi Gijs,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

1. For tab renaming, you can use translate tool like poedit or any of the translation plugin.

2. Moving sub tabs to another tabs:- There is no ready to use general purpose code or plugin available for that. It is doable but depends on how you want to achieve.

For example, it is easy if you want to add a sub tab t1 to an existing tab t2 and make it link to sub tab 3 from a tab 4, yes it is dosable. The problem is once the user clicks t1, they will be sent to the tab t3/t4 and not on tab t2.

If you want to make sure they stay under tab t2, the specific sub tab will need to be handled by the custom code.

We do have a plugin that allows moving tabs(re-ordering), moving sub tabs(re-ordering inside their parent). Deleting/making tab available based on roles and changing the tab label and visibility.

It does not allow moving a sub tab from one parent to another parent though(The reason is in BuddyPress, screen handlers are hardcoded with tab/sub tab slug mostly).

https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-user-profile-tabs-creator-pro/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Gijs on #24530

Dear Brajesh,

Thank you so much, Sir. For your time and explanation. I’ll have a look at the plugin. Very specific, must urgent is: moving subnavs from settings to profil or moving subnavs from profile to settings. I just don’t know how. I don’t care if they are moved, or deleted at one tab and recreated on new tab.

Gijs

• Participant
    Gijs on #24533

It’s just that that one thing that can’t be done is the thing I need. Is it perhaps possible to copy existing subnav content (everything from settings tab) to newly created subnavs that I’ve added to profile tab?

Gijs

• Participant
    Gijs on #24534

Oh, I bought the wrong plugin. What can I do to get my money reimbursed? I bought BuddyPress Group Tabs Creator Pro, but needed BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro. I bought that one immediately as well. But want my money back for the other one, please..

Gijs

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24535

Hi Gijs,
    Thank you for the purchase.

1. Have issued refund for the Group Tabs Pro. It is included with your purchase of Profile Tabs pro too.

2. Yes, it is possible to move settings by copying code. Please let me know which sub tab you want to move). It will be easier to move from settings to profile.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Gijs on #24537
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24540
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Gijs on #24544

Can’t wait. Did you find anything already? It’s almost evening in India, right?

Gijs

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved