I found this other forum https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/using-custom-taxonomy-with-mediapress-galleries/page/2/#post-23097 and am opening a new ticket as advised.
I tested out the new plugin file you posted in the forum above here https://github.com/mediapress/mpp-gallery-category/archive/master.zip
this works well for what I need although the taxonomy pages are all empty and say “No items found.” – not sure if this is a bug?
I would love to be able to:
– insert a dropdown selector in the uploader and make it a required field to select
– Allow a user to select more than 1 category to add the photos to
– be able to use these categories as filters in shortcodes with the functionality to show more than one category to display (e.g. [mpp-show-gallery id=123456 category=cat1,cat3,cat6] )
– automatically assign all photos to a single sitewide gallery and use these taxonomies (remove need for gallery dropdown)
– Enforce image title input in the uploader
– Add a 2nd mandatory radio box in the uploader with either Male or Female and be able to filter in a shortcode separately to the category like above
What are your thoughts on this? Is there anything you would be able to help out with to move in this direction?
Many thanks 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.