• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Becky Robertson on #23051
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Michael on #23052

Hello,

I’m looking for the same features – please share some tips and your code for this if possible 😀 I activated the MPP Categories taxonomy from the github I found in another thread but can’t figure out how to show them in the uploader and make them mandatory in the front-end.

I’d be grateful for any help you give.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23063

Hi Becky,
    I will be asking @ravisharma to assist you on Monday/Tuesdya.

Hi Michael,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.
    Please open a new topic. That will help us serve you better.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Becky Robertson on #23087

Hello Michael,

If you were addressing me, I will have more time tomorrow and can go over the code again. I believe though that once I installed and activated the plugin, all I had to do was add categories to the gallery and they showed up on the page.

Becky

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #23097

Hello Becky,

Just posted one more plugin which allows user to add category to their gallery at the time of creation or at edit detail page of gallery. Users can also filter gallery based on category on gallery directory page using dropdown. Please give it a try and let me know is it works for you or not. You can download the code form the following url:

https://github.com/mediapress/mpp-gallery-category/archive/master.zip

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Becky Robertson on #23267

Hello Ravi,

I’ve installed and am now using the the new plugin. It seems to be working as intended as a drop-down select menu for choosing a category to assign to a gallery, but it does not work on the sitewide gallery at all as far as I can tell. Choosing a category does nothing at all. It is quite possible though that this is due to user error.

Becky

• Participant
    Becky Robertson on #23280

Hello,

Now that I have categories for the galleries, it seems I need to create an archive page for those categories. What would be the naming convention for that page in WordPress… such as reviews-archive or mpp-gallery-category-archive… and would I put the file in my child theme folder or in the MediaPress folder?

Thank you,
    Becky

• Participant
    Xavier Barbot on #26465

I actually have the same issue as Becky, I’ve installed the plugin, created the categories, they show up well as a dropdown but the filter doesn’t work on the frontend. I’ve deactivated other “suspicious” plugins but… no luck… I was wondering if somebody had figured it out.

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26473

Hi Xavier,
    Thank you for the post.
    Can you please open a new topic and share a screenshot about which filter you are referring to?

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘Using custom taxonomy with Mediapress galleries’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved