BuddyDev

Search

Using custom taxonomy with Mediapress galleries

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Clay on #10901

I’ve created a custom taxonomy, attached to the Mediapress gallery (mpp-gallery) post type. I can go into the backend and select taxonomy terms to apply to galleries, but I need users to be able to select those terms when they create a gallery. Is it possible to add a field for this to the “create gallery” template (preferably radio buttons)?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10924

Hi Clay,
    Please see this for an example

https://github.com/mediapress/mpp-gallery-categories

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Clay on #10974

Thanks Brajesh! That’s perfect for my needs. One question…I have about 300 existing galleries, and about 90% of them should belong to “category A.” Is there any efficient way of assigning all those galleries to that category, or will I simply need to edit each gallery individually and select the “category A” checkbox? Thanks for your help!

• Participant
    Clay on #10977

Also, what is the best way to add some instructions for my users on the “create gallery” page? Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10982

Hi Clay,
    I will suggest bulk assigning from the Dashboard->MediaPress->Galleries page or using code to assign same gallery a to all.

Then manually modifying it for the 10% that needs change.

For Create Gallery, I will suggest overwriting the template in your theme.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Becky Robertson on #22802

Is there any way to convert mpp gallery categories into a dropbox rather than checkboxes? I have a lot of categories to choose from and I only want each gallery to have one category.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22816

Hi Becky,
    I am sorry, The plugin does not support it.

You will need to modify the plugin to make it use dropdown.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Becky Robertson on #22910

I understand that the code will need to be modified, but how? I’ve been all over trying to figure out how to modify checkboxes into a dropdown, but I’ve been completely unsuccessful. I’m just not that strong with the code.

I’ve even tried to create a custom form to add new galleries, which almost works. I can add them to the backend but they only show up on the “universal” community gallery rather than the member’s personal galleries listing.

I only want them to be able to select one category for each gallery and with over a dozen categories select boxes just don’t work. I need help.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22928

Hi Becky,
    Sorry to hear about the issues.

I will ask @ravisharma to put the code for you early next week.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Becky Robertson on #22930

Thank you Brajesh. Despite all my issues with PHP and seemingly endless requests for help, the gallery is actually starting to look really good.

The topic ‘Using custom taxonomy with Mediapress galleries’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved