BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BP Multi Network plugin "There was an error saving the group"

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #261

Hi Lukas,
    Just checking out to see if you need any further help on this? If yes, Please do let me know.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Lukas Feddern on #262

Everything working fine thanks Brajesh, just one question. Things seems to be working at the moment, but can you see a reason why it wouldn’t work to have two of my sites buddypress site enabled (hence two different Buddypress networks) and two of the sites to not have buddypress enabled i.e. Buddypress is not network activated.

Thanks,
    Lukas

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #265

Hi Lukas,
    Thank you for the reply.Glad that it is working.

About getting it only on individual sites, That is an issue with the way Network activated plugins work, either they will work on all sites or none. So, That needs to be somehow addressed by keeping BuddyPress active on only the sub sites you want( as you already posted above ) .

I haven’t tested this setup yet, but if you network Disable BuddyPress and activate it only on the sub sites, The Multi Network plugin will have no issues with that. Though I don’t see any issue with yet, I am not 100% sure if BuddyPress works in this type of setup.

Please give it a try and if you face a problem, I will be happy to help.

PS: Please keep the Multi Network plugin network active even if you are enabling BuddyPress individually on sub sites.

• Participant
    Lukas Feddern on #267

Ok thanks will do. Just one other problem.

I have buddypress network activated at the moment, as well as multi network plugin.

However, I have changed the name of the members page to employer profiles and the members page showing – but there are no members showing – it should show a member called testcompany.

Could you take a look?

Thanks!

• Participant
    Lukas Feddern on #268

Sorry buddypress is network de-activated but activated on the main site and the subsite. I would like the members page (employer profiles) to show the members of the subsite network, but at the moment it shows 0 members.

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #270

Hi Lukas,
    Please make sure that Multi Network is active.

To list the users, Multi network needs the users to be added to your subsite. Did that user register on the sub site?

If no, add them to the sub site from dashboard.
    Also, BudyPress only lists users who have logged in atleast once( have last_active_time set, an alternative to avoid it try listing users Alphabetic order using the filter on directory ).

Please give it a try and let me know.

PS: Is multi network plugin network active?

• Participant
    Lukas Feddern on #271

Hi,

Yup the member (testcompany) has logged in and changed profile data and was signed up on the subsite.

Multi network is also network activated.

Any ideas?

• Participant
    Lukas Feddern on #272

Checked on the network admin side and they are a member of the subsite. Members are showing fine on the main site.
    Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #273

Please let me check it on the site.
    To list a member on sub site, we need to add them to subsite(or they need to register on the subsite and activate their account their).

• Participant
    Lukas Feddern on #275

Yup sure the login details I PMed you before should still work.

Thanks

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BP Multi Network plugin "There was an error saving the group"’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved