BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] New Profile Tab Isn’t Showing

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Tina Kister on #38672

Hi! I have followed the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OilazCWMWE) for changing a default BuddyBoss profile tab name, and it’s not working – no change is visible on my website. I have played around with most of the settings to see if I can get it to work, with no luck.

I’m trying to change “Timeline” to “My Activity.”

I’ve used the slug my-activity.

I have used the following options (all other options are unchanged):

Is enabled? (yes)
    Tab Label: My Activity
    Set it as default component? (yes)
    Are we modifying a predefined tab? (tried both yes and no)
    Position: (tried both 1 and 2)

What can I try next?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38673

Hi Tina,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

1. Please use slug “activity” and not “my-activity”
    2. Please set “Are we modifying a predefined tab?”
    3. Please make sure to tick “Update Label” checkbox.

You can update rest of the settings as you need. That should do it. Please let me know if it works or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tina Kister on #38676

Thanks, Brajesh! I’ll give it a try again. I have another question… how is the plugin activated? I got an email that said “receipt,” but it had no information in it at all – just the name of the plugin listed twice, and that’s it. Do I need a license or anything?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38681

Hi Tina,
    Thank you for the question.

You do not need to activate any license to use our plugins. You will need license to receive the automatic upgrade.

Please install this plugin
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddydev-dashboard/

and please follow the instructions from here for configuring the API key.
    https://buddydev.com/docs/buddydev-dashboard/installing-configuring-buddydev-dashboard/

I am looking forward to your fedeback on the title update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #38682

Hello Tina,

For installation, you have to download the plugin from your buddydev account. Just go to your profile on buddydev and under Membership > Plugins and locate “BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro”

Then follow the steps as per the following resource:

https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-user-profile-tabs-creator-pro/buddypress-user-profile-tabs-creator-pro-installation-upgrade/

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Tina Kister on #38697

Hi Brajesh,

I followed all the instructions for using the dashboard, the activation key, and the plugin. I then followed the instructions for changing the profile tab name, including the instructions you gave me, and nothing happens. The profile tab name doesn’t change. (I’m clearing the page cache.) Can you tell me what to try next? Thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38705

Hi Tina,
    Thank you for the details.

Please allow me to create a video tutorial and assist you with the steps by tomorrow.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tina Kister on #38709

Brajesh, I have a new issue… when BuddyPress Group Tabs Creator Pro is activated, all the links to individual groups are broken and lead to a 404 page. Deactivating the plugin fixes the problem.

• Participant
    Tina Kister on #38710

I think I need to request a refund… the instructions for using this plugin aren’t very complicated, and I’ve tried just about every combination of options, and nothing works. And, now that the plugin is causing 404 errors for all groups, it’s not usable for me.

How do I go about requesting a refund?

Thank you!

• Participant
    Tina Kister on #38714

I may have figured out the problem… this plugin was recommended to me for renaming the PROFILE tabs, but I think it’s actually for renaming the GROUP tabs, and doesn’t work on the PROFILE tabs – is that correct?

The topic ‘ [Resolved] New Profile Tab Isn’t Showing’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved