BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] New users can not signup with BuddyBoss after installing conditional fields plug

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    richard shaules on #48369

I created a new profile field, with a new name, using the paragraph text box.
    That caused the same error.
    It looks like the error is with the paragraph text box field being required..

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48370

Hi Richard,
    My guess is some kind of js conflict. I will suggest adding it again and try. You may try by changing the order of the fields to see if there is any change.

If that doe snot work, reporting to BuddyBoss will be the solution(I can confirm that it used to work when I tested with BuddyBoss 2.2.4).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    richard shaules on #48371

Thank you so much.
    I’ve removed it, created a new one with new fields, tried all sorts of positions within the page, and problem still remains..
    Looks like I’ll just have to continue waiting for BuddyBoss. Been about 10 days now 🙁

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48372

Hi Richard,
    I am very sorry to hear about your experience with BuddyBoss.

If it works, I can provide you a code to temporarily disable the richtextarea and use a plain one. That should make it work but the visual editor for the text field will be gone.

You can disable the code when BuddyBoss resolves it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    richard shaules on #48373

That would be amazing!!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48374

Sure, here we go.

add_filter( 'bp_xprofile_is_richtext_enabled_for_field', '__return_false' );

You can put it in bp-custom.php(or using a code snippet manager).

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    richard shaules on #48375

Thank you so very, very much.
    I’ve added that code snippet and now I can enter type in the “about” paragraph box.
    Unfortunately I’m not able to submit the form and there aren’t any errors showing up.
    Could I trouble you to have a look and try registering at torah.global/register/ ?
    Thank you again- you’ve been more helpful to me in a few minutes than I’ve had in 10 days!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48376

You are welcome.
    I am glad to be of service.

Your registration is working fine for me.
    I just registered a new account.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    richard shaules on #48377

AMAZING!! You have helped me get my site back online after having this issue for 10 days. I will kindly let BuddyBoss know about this workaround- you are a true blessing!!!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48378

You are welcome.

It’s a pleasure to assist!

Please do know that what I provided you is not a proper solution but temporary mitigation of the issue. The proper solution would be to look into the details why the WYSIWYG is not working and fix that.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved