BuddyDev

Search

No 'All Galleries' page and no 'Wall Photos' gallery

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Mike Daugherty on #2404

I mistakenly deleted the wall photos gallery, then also deleted the all galleries page. I thought if I deactivated and deleted the plugin I could recover/regenerate them, but could not. Is there a way to recover/regenerate these?

• Participant
    Mike Daugherty on #2405

I created the all galleries page using the short code and that fixed that problem. I now have the problems of my widgets not working. Neither the recent galleries, nor the recent media widgets display anything in the sidebar. Of course, I still have no wall photos gallery.

• Participant
    Mike Daugherty on #2408

Wow, I am solving some of this by poking around. I think I found the wall photos gallery by using the ‘all media’ short code. Correct? Still not seeing any media displaying in the sidebar widgets.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2409

Hi Mike,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience.

1. If you delete a gallery it is gone for ever. That means, all the media and everything in it will be gone for ever. It is not recoverable.

All Galleries(or gallery directory) can be easily created again. Yoou have already done that but I will repeat the step. Create a Page in WordPress Dashboard, then visit Settings->BuddyPress->Pages and select it for Gallery .

3. New wall gallery will be automatically created when you upload from activity. Please try adding a few images and posting activity.

4. Please note that the All Galleries or directory will only list “public” galleries. It won’t list private or other galleries.

5. About widgets, The list depends on your level of access to the media/gallery. Based on the privacy, It will list all accessible galleries/media.

When you see an issue like this, an easy way to verify that there exists galleries etc are by visiting Dashboard->MediaPress->All Galleries

If it is listed there(It will list everything there), It will be available on the front end, if there are none, you will need to create some galleries(or wait for your users to create some)

Please verify the things and let me know, I will be happy to help you further.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike Daugherty on #2410

Hi Brajexh,

1. If you delete a gallery it is gone for ever. That means, all the media and everything in it will be gone for ever. It is not recoverable.

==Completely understand this.==

All Galleries(or gallery directory) can be easily created again. Yoou have already done that but I will repeat the step. Create a Page in WordPress Dashboard, then visit Settings->BuddyPress->Pages and select it for Gallery .

3. New wall gallery will be automatically created when you upload from activity. Please try adding a few images and posting activity.

==I added photos from ‘Activity’ and ‘Blog’ and no Wall Photos Gallery was created.==

4. Please note that the All Galleries or directory will only list “public” galleries. It won’t list private or other galleries.

==All created galleries are public and they show on the All Galleries page. However, on the All Media page I created in the absence of a Wall Photos gallery, Blog media and Activity media do not appear.==

5. About widgets, The list depends on your level of access to the media/gallery. Based on the privacy, It will list all accessible galleries/media.

== I am the site admin, so I have access to everything. AS stated above, there are no ‘private’ galleries.==

When you see an issue like this, an easy way to verify that there exists galleries etc are by visiting Dashboard->MediaPress->All Galleries

==The three galleries I created do appear there.==

If it is listed there(It will list everything there), It will be available on the front end, if there are none, you will need to create some galleries(or wait for your users to create some)

==Are there any issues with the Activity and Blog postings not appearing because the admin (me) posted them?==

Please verify the things and let me know, I will be happy to help you further.

Thanks,

Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2411

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for the prompt and detailed reply.

3. Since you are able to upload right? The Wall gallery is created. The question is why is it not being listed. If wall gallery can not be created then you may not be able to upload from Activity wall.

Can you please click on individual media in the activity and see if it takes to their single page(If you have lightbox enabled, you can click on the image in the lightbox). If it is taking, please check the gallery name and then click on your profile gallery tab to see if it is there?

4. I am sorry I am not sure about this. Are you using shortcode to create All Media page? If yes, Please use the shortcode [mpp-list-media]. For reference, I have linked the shortcodes documentation page at the bottom of this post. If you are already using it, we will need to look further, please let me know.

5. Can you please tell me if you are using gallery/media widget and what ssetings you have selected there(In the widget section)?

I am sorry for the convenience and I hope that we can get it resolved quickly.

Links:-
    Media Shortcode :- https://buddydev.com/mediapress/topics/getting-started/shortcodes/mpp-list-media/
    Gallery Shortcode:- https://buddydev.com/mediapress/topics/getting-started/shortcodes/mediapress-gallery-listing-shortcodes/

• Participant
    Mike Daugherty on #2413

Hi Again Brajesh,

3. Since you are able to upload right? The Wall gallery is created. The question is why is it not being listed. If wall gallery can not be created then you may not be able to upload from Activity wall.

==I am able to upload to the wall.==

Can you please click on individual media in the activity and see if it takes to their single page(If you have lightbox enabled, you can click on the image in the lightbox). If it is taking, please check the gallery name and then click on your profile gallery tab to see if it is there?

==When clicking on the individual media either from the wall or the all media page, I get the 404 page. These uploads do not appear on my profile.==

4. I am sorry I am not sure about this. Are you using shortcode to create All Media page? If yes, Please use the shortcode [mpp-list-media]. For reference, I have linked the shortcodes documentation page at the bottom of this post. If you are already using it, we will need to look further, please let me know.

==The shortcodes linked at the bottom are exactly the ones I used.==

5. Can you please tell me if you are using gallery/media widget and what ssetings you have selected there(In the widget section)?

==Sitewide Galleries; Photo; Public; 5; Date; Descending. Yes, they are the Mediapress widgets.==

Thanks,

Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2414

Hi Mike,
    If it is not too much, Can you please provide me access to your site for 10-15 minutes? my email is brajesh@buddydev.com

If the photo is giving 404, I can understand that. Either the component/status is not set due to some reasons. I just need to verify it for that particular gallery from dashboard.

• Participant
    Mike Daugherty on #2415

email sent

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2416

Thank you. Looking at it now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved