BuddyDev

Search

No 'All Galleries' page and no 'Wall Photos' gallery

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2417

Hi Mike,
    Wall gallery issue is resolved on the site. I am posting here so that it will help other too.
    You had marked a gallery as deleted from admin. It was sent to trash but not deleted. All your media were still there.

If you delete a gallery from front end or delete the gallery from trash if deleting via dashboard only then gallery is deleted and wall gallery is reset.

Since the gallery was existing, all photos were uploaded to it but due to its trash status, It was no allowing you to view it. I have restored it from trash. I will add this to our troubleshooting section of documentation today.

In future, if you delete a gallery, please delete it permanently from dashboard or just delete from front end. I am looking at the widget issue now.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2418

Ok, The widget areas are fixed too.

On your site, in the widget section, you had selected “Sitewide galleries”. Currently, there was no sitewide gallery, only user galleries, so nothing was listed. I selected User Galleries from the widget settings and both media and gallery are listed now.

Can you please point me to the page containing the shortcode, I will be happy to get that working too.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2419

Well, Just had a look at the All media page from the dropdown. seems it is fixed too.

I did not do any changes there, seems like restoring the gallery did it since all media were published to that gallery.

Can you please check that?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Mike Daugherty on #2426

Brajesh,

Thank you so much for your hands-on assistance. It appears that all is working now. I will remove the posts and images and test it all again. I understand what you are saying about the gallery trash versus deletion and will keep that in mind in the future.

A couple of more questions. I am thinking I want the galleries page to be a no-sidebar page, but I can’t seem to change it with the shortcode generating the page. It seems to default to the right sidebar. Secondly, as you may have seen, I am testing a user front end loader without much success. Obviously, I want users to be able to upload to specific galleries from the front end. You may have seen those galleries listed in the dropdown menu. Of course, they are now just linked to dummy pages. Is a user front end loader on your radar?

Thanks again for your assistance,

Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2427

Hi Mike,
    Thank you.
    Do you want the gallery directory to be no sidebar page? If yes, Please Edit the page from dashboard and set the page template you want to use(if you theme supports it).

About up loader shortcode, yes, It is coming this weekend 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2441

Hi Mike,
    I just implemented the shortcode today. It still needs final touch but is available on github repo now.

https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress

Here is a screenshot to show how it looks
    http://i.imgur.com/uAiM7BB.png

I am not sure how to handle the case when a user does not have any gallery available, should we create one automatically when a user uploads for the first time?

The shortcode can currently handle single gallery uploads(if you provide gallery_id or can list galleries based on other parameters and user access(status,type,component,component_id) and let users select the gallery to upload to.

I still need some idea for what the real life needs are and will appreciate your suggestions here.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike Daugherty on #2447

Hi Brajesh,

==See below==

I just implemented the shortcode today. It still needs final touch but is available on github repo now.

https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress

Here is a screenshot to show how it looks
    http://i.imgur.com/uAiM7BB.png

==I appreciate your work on this==

I am not sure how to handle the case when a user does not have any gallery available, should we create one automatically when a user uploads for the first time?

==I don’t think it needs to create a gallery. If a user wants to upload random media to share with others they already have that capability through member galleries. My idea on this was to have a page like you have created that allows users to upload media to specified galleries already created by the admin. They could choose which gallery from a drop down.==

The shortcode can currently handle single gallery uploads(if you provide gallery_id or can list galleries based on other parameters and user access(status,type,component,component_id) and let users select the gallery to upload to.

== I think allowing multiple gallery uploads would add confusion, but I can think of applications where there might be advantages to allowing this for media that fits more one category. I think single gallery upload would be a good start.==

I still need some idea for what the real life needs are and will appreciate your suggestions here.

==It may need an option to allow immediate publishing or await admin approval. For my purposes I want immediate publishing, however I have seen a lot of discussion on the need for this type of user front end loader and the option to do either seems to be what is needed.==

Thanks again for you response to this need. Let me know when I can test it.

Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2622

Hi Mike,
    I have released version 1.0.1 and it contains the shortcode.

Please see this post on how to use the shortcode
    https://buddydev.com/mediapress-development/mediapress-1-0-1-is-available-now/

Hope that helps.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike Daugherty on #2629

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for your work on this.

I haven’t had a lot of time to look at this thus far. In my tinkering with it I find that I can created an upload page for a specific gallery using the gallery_id=”xxxx” and I can created a gallery using the show gallery shortcode.

My problem is that I have 7 galleries that to which I want any member on the site to be able to upload. Further, I want anyone on the site to be able to view these 7 galleries. I’m not sure I can do that with what I see so far. For example, I want any member to able to upload an image of their vehicle to a gallery called ‘My Ride’ and then have anyone on the site to be able to view the ‘My Ride’ gallery. Is that possible with the current uploader?

Thanks,

Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2630

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for posting.

At the moment the collaborative feature is only enable for Group Galleries. It can be easily added for sitewide galleries too.

Are you creating these galleries as Sitewide gallery? If yes, I can push a small addon that allows you to let anyone upload to these galleries. Should a member be able to delete their own media?

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved