BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] No Error Message when required field in billing or shipping address stays empty

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Rudolf Wagner on #51060

In BuddyCommerce no error message appears when a field is left empty or filled with an invalid input. After clicking the “Save Address” button a warning should pop up but instead it appears that everything is saved. In fact nothing has been changed because of the invalid inputs.

I use latest versions of WordPress, no multisite and all plugins and themes updated to latest versions.
    This happens on BuddyBoss platform and theme and on Firefox, Chrome and Edge browsers.
    Tested it on staging site with only the absolutely necessary plugins activated.

This is a screen recording of the error message that appears on the my-account page how it is supposed to be:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VM4YLxHTKqs-UOTAgLOtmCaP_6yye_OC/view?usp=drive_link

And this is a screen recording that shows the missing error message on the tab with the tab-plugin:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SDyooPxTR3mNrgvo07qTLOD32At-s_Er/view?usp=drive_link

• Participant
    Rudolf Wagner on #51061

I could not edit my post therefore I have to add a reply here:
    The second screenrecording shows the missing error message with the BuddyCommerce plugin not with a tab-plugin like I have written above.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51062

Hi Rudolf,
    Thank you for clarifying.

BudddyCommerce is aware of Woo errors and that’s why it is able to show it.

Tab plugin is not aware of what is being displayed inside it, so It won’t do anything special. If you want to show the errors, either the shortcode you are using to show the address etc should have the ability to show error, or you would need to add some shortcode that shows WooCommerce error in the content area.

The problem lies with the shortcode/code you are using to show the address in tab.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Rudolf Wagner on #51063

In my test setup (like the attached screen recording) I don’t use the Tab plugin or a shortcode.

These plugins are activated:

BuddyBoss Platform
    Version 2.4.80

BuddyBoss Platform Pro
    Version 2.4.30

BuddyCommerce
    Version 1.0.6

Elementor
    Version 3.18.2

Elementor Pro
    Version 3.18.1

Woo Subscriptions
    Version 5.7.0

WooCommerce
    Version 8.3.1

With this setting it doesn’t show error messages.

I even tried switching to other themes and turned off Elementor. It still didn’t show error messages.
    I even tried deactivating BuddyBoss and installed BuddyPress instead but same result.
    No error messages.

So this is the latest setup I tried:

BuddyPress
    Version 11.4.0

WooCommerce
    Version 8.3.1

BuddyCommerce
    Version 1.0.6

These are the only plugins activated – nothing else.

I tested it with the 2023 theme and the Storefront theme. Same result – no error messages.
    With these 2 themes it is even worse because after refreshing the page it looks like it has accepted the empty input but when changing to another tab and back again it shows that it didn’t. Maybe that gives a hint of what’s going on.

And yes, there is no server side cashing turned on.

• Participant
    Rudolf Wagner on #51067

I now tried an install from scratch.
    New WordPress install and plugins also from scratch.

Only one user (me)

Same problem and this time even worse.
    It did not take any input from the form in the profile even when it was correct and like before no error message was shown.

When I switched to the standard WooCommerce My-Account page I could input an address and when I left field blank or put in an invalid ZIP code error message appeared.

Therefore it is pretty clear to me that the address part of the BuddyCommerce plugin doesn’t work.

• Participant
    Rudolf Wagner on #51078

How to replicate the error:

1. Install WordPress, WooCommerce, BuddyCommerce and BuddyBoss or BuddyPress latest versions.

2. Configure BuddyCommerce in a way to have the “Addresses” tab in your profile.

3. Visit your Profile and click on the “Addresses” tab (or subtab-depending on how you have it configured).

4. Click on “Edit” for changing the billing address.

5. Fill in something but leave at least one “required” field empty.

6. Click “Save address”. Now you should see an error message “XXX is a required field” but there is none.

7. Look at the form after submitting your input. It looks like it has taken the input and the empty “required” field is indeed empty. So you might think that everything works fine when it is in fact not.

8. Because when you click to any other tab and then back to the “Addresses” tab you will see that in fact no input has been taken from the form and the address kept unchanged.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51100

Hi Rudolf,
    Thank you for the details and the steps.
    I sincerely appreciate your help in understanding the issue.

One of our developers have confirmed the issue you are facing. Please allow us 2 days to push the update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #51180

Hello Rudolf,

I am working on it and will update you at the day end.

Regards
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #51190

Hello Rudolf,

I have updated the plugin. Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version i.e. ‘1.0.7’ version and give it a try.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Rudolf Wagner on #51197

Well done!
    It works now 🙂

The topic ‘ [Resolved] No Error Message when required field in billing or shipping address stays empty’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved