BuddyDev

Search

Notification Problem

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    marco on #4785

After activating ‘Bp Community Activity On Profile’, when I click on one of the notifications mentioned under Notification tab, nothing happens. So I cannot be directed to the specific page to view the notification, just the notifications page will be reloaded!
    I even deactivated the plugin, but still I have the same problem!??

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #4789

Hi Marco,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    if deactivation of the plugin is not resolving the problem then it is probably another plugin causing the problem. Please follow the step to find the culprit.

1. Disable all other plugins except BuddyPress and check if the issue still persists or not.
    2. If it is working, try enabling other plugins one by one and check the bug.

Did you find the issue?

Thank You
    Ravi

• Participant
    marco on #4791

Thx for your reply. The problem was ‘BuddyPress Lock Unlock Activity’! Which was a handy plugin and very important. Could you revise this plugin in the future updates!
    You have very handy plugins, and I really appreciate that guys!

Not to mention, ‘BuddyPress Activity Comment Notifier’ also make some problems in notifications. ‘BP Clear Notifications’ does not work. (at least for me)

‘BP Youtube feed’ completely made my website down. ‘Bp Flickr’ could not be activated.

• Participant
    marco on #4792

I also have two requests/suggestions:
    1. Right now, if someone mentions a user in a forum, he will receive a notification that X user mentioned you. Then if we click on that specific notification, we will be directed to ‘mentions’ located under ‘activity’ tab. Is it possible to just directly go to the exact forum and post where we have been mentioned???

2. Is it possible to customize the ‘Show’ dropdown menu in the activity stream so that each sub-tab (personal, mentions, groups, etc.) has a default filter. For instance, for the ‘personal’, we only show updates. For ‘mentions’ only posts, etc. This is because to make the activity stream tidy and clean in the first look!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4799

Hi Marco,
    I am sorry for the trouble.

BP Youtube, Flickr are deprecated plugins. Sorry about that. It should be mentioned on those plugin pages.

We will be looking the Community Activity on profile, Lock Unlock activity and Clear notification and will update you.

Now coming to your next questions:-

1. Forum mentions, Yes, It is doabale but will need you to filter on the notification message generation. Please see the function bp_activity_format_notifications for more details and available filters.

2. There are multiple ways to do it. I will suggest filtering
    ‘bp_after_has_Activities_parse_args’

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    clyn on #9800

Hi,

I am using Kleo theme and using activity lock pluging latest version downloaded (https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-lock-unlock-activity/) but live notification show new one but when i go to notification tab clickling that notfification still turning notification tab page on buddypress. When deactive your pluging no problem. I tested with all my plugings and other wp theme… How can we solve this..

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9812

Hi clyn,
    Please open a new topic. Also, Please help us understand the issue. I am sorry but I am unable to understand the problem.
    Which plugin is causing issue?
    What issue it is causing. Please post about that in a new topic. I am closing this thread as it is a very old one.

The topic ‘Notification Problem’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved