• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    ANTONI on #40870
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    ANTONI on #40871

Hi this response deve. Vikinger :
    Odin_Design, the author of Vikinger – BuddyPress and GamiPress Social Community, has replied to your review:

As you can see by other reviews, people are able to customize it without any issues, if it weren’t possible, then we wouldn’t have been able to add all of the integrations and features that we did (as you can see in our changelog, which proves customization is possible by customizing the code). The feature that you mentioned about memberships isn’t in the theme because the base plugin itself doesn’t have the feature, so this is not an issue with the theme. Regarding BuddyPress plugins, we have a list of supported plugin integrations in the live preview of the item. Naturally, we cannot assure that the theme support plugins or extensions that are not in that list, for which is not fair to say that the theme doesn’t support integrations or plugin extensions that we do not advertise.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40873

Hi Antoni,
    By customization, they are probably referring to the changes that they are allowing/limiting to. It is not about extending with plugins which work with BP legacy template pack(this is the template pack they use) but not with their theme.

The reason is they have explicit support for some of the plugins hardcoded. Other plugins which depend on the hoook provided by template pack, can not work as they do not have those hooks(actions & filters) hook(at least that is what I found in the member header).

Please convey this.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40874

In case they are looking for an example,the action “bp_profile_header_meta” should act as one.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    ANTONI on #40878

ok !
    How long will it take to try to make it compatible?
    Thank you

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40879

Hi,
    I am hoping to be able to make the badges plugin compatible with it but I do not think that we can make the member types pro compatible(The list filtering by member types).

Here is an example showing what I have got on their header
    https://ibb.co/crQ3xyp

Please mark the locations you want the badge to appear(on profile, in member directory) and I can update within 24 hours.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    ANTONI on #40882

Ok thanks I’m making a screen
    On the other hand I did not understand well the sentence :
    (The list filtering by member types). not compatible

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40883

Hi Antoni,
    Thank you.

I am looking forward to the screenshot.

Our plugin(Member Types Pro) adds a tab on members directory for each enabled member type and clicking on that shows the filtered users list. I was referring to that.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved