BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Profile Privacy causing Theme crash WordPress 4.2.4

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    leigh Gregg on #336

Issue, last active time is not working. All members are marked as “not recently active”

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #341

Hi Leigh,
    Thank you for the reply. Glad that fatal error is fixed.

Please visit Settings->Profile Visibility and make sure that you haven’t enabled the hide last active time there.

If you enable that the plugin assumes that you don’t want to show the last active time and shows not recently active( that may be a bad label here and suggestion is welcome 🙂 )

It is just to hide the last active time when enabled by the admin or individual user. Please do let me know your suggestions. If I return empty string there, BuddyPress does not hide the last active time, also deleting a user’s last active time makes him/her invisible in directory. That’s why we need some sort of string here.

I am happy to change that label, please do let me know if you have suggestions.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    HansRuedi Keller on #346

Hi Brajesh,
    I’m using BuddyDev Dashboard but got no message that there is a new version of BP Profile Visibility available while checking an hour ago.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #352

@Hans,
    The auto updater will not report it will 1.3, We have yet to sort this for the a few plugins and this is one of those plugins.

The problem is the difference between the file name vs the plugin slug. We will be renaming the download to the slugname.zip in 1.3, till then, this plugin will not support automatic upgrade.
    My apologies for the inconvenience.

• Participant
    leigh Gregg on #358

Hello.

2 options:

1. Using display: hidden;
    2. “Private active time” Text

I will check if I set the default to hide last active time.

Thanks

• Participant
    leigh Gregg on #562

Hello, I am checking on the new update and sorting out the language files. I want to add my language changes to the wordpress language folder. Should this be picked up by a folder named bp-profile-visibility-manager and adding en_GB po and mo file in the languages folder? Thansk

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #564

Hi Leigh,
    At the moment please put the file in bp-profile-visibility/languages directory in plugin. This is something remaining from our past code. We are updating all our plugins to use the WordPress languages dir as fallback and in future.

We will post the changelog when the next version comes.
    Sorry for the trouble. Please make sure to keep a backup copy of the languages file safe for future use.

• Participant
    leigh Gregg on #565

I have prepared the language file there already, to keep a safe record of language files. Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #580

Thank you Leigh. Closing this topic now. Please feel free to open new topic if needed.
    Thank you
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Profile Privacy causing Theme crash WordPress 4.2.4’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved