BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Profile Visibility Settings – Can't hide online status?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    AJ on #20164

Hi there,

This plugin is a real must have – so I got it 🙂
    One thing though that I can’t seem to figure out, even after running some tests.

When logged in, other others see this through your Notifications Plugin: https://cl.ly/7d8d7b4adefc
    I am looking for a way to let users disable that.

That is possible right with this PVS Plugin?

Regards, AJ

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20185

Hi AJ,
    AS a user you can hide the last activity time from settings.

It is possible that a user will still be visible when their last activity time is hidden.

Here is how it works.
    1. As soon as a user disables last activity time, we stop recording it. We do not delete their already recorded time. If we delete already recorded time, user won’t be visible in directory(BuddyPress treats as inactive).

This means, if there are only few users, even when we stop recording, the user will be visible. If you get more users and the number of users who login to the site after the hiding of the last activity is greater than your allowed limit in widget, The user will become invisible.

In other words, the user become invisible in the recent list gradually as other users’s login. This is to make sure that they are not marked inactive.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    AJ on #20188

Thanks! That makes perfect sense 🙂

• Participant
    AJ on #20190
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20193

Hi AJ,
    Thank you.
    It seems something have changed as you are correct in showing the list. It might be a bug. Please let me check and update you in next couple of hours.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20236

Hi AJ,
    Thank you.
    It was an issue in the plugin. We had removed the code that stopped recording of last activity around 2.5 and only hid the time using filter.

I have re enabled this feature. Once you update, any further appearance in the list will be as expected(and explained in my previous post).

https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-profile-visibility-manager/

Please update and give it a try.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    AJ on #20242

This must sound stupid Brajesh… but how to update?

Regular WP update feature does not show update for this plugin. If I upload it, it says directory already exists. I’m afraid if I uninstall and reinstall that members lose their previously saved settings.

AJ

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20250

Hi AJ,
    I am sorry for the confusion.

Please install BuddyDev Dashboard and configure the API as specified here

https://buddydev.com/docs/buddydev-dashboard/installing-configuring-buddydev-dashboard/

Once you do it, The install and updates will be seamless. You will see notifications like normal updates and update like any plugin from wp repo.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    AJ on #20265

Quick 45 sec screencast: https://cl.ly/0bf05f9d7615

Either I misunderstood or the update does something funny..

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20269

Hi AJ,
    That is expected behaviour. Now, try logging with another account and then with this one and see the order of the recent users.

After our last update, the last activity is recorded one time, after that it stops recording for the user no matter their login/online status. So, they will gradually vanish away from the recent active list.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Profile Visibility Settings – Can't hide online status?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved