BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Question about gallery permalinks

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Cheryl on #51415

Hi,

I am trying to create a sitewide gallery via shortcode with a user upload field that will go on a page rather than being in member profile or groups. Initially, the image would not open in lightbox (images do open in lightbox in group galleries), but I solved the issue by adding lightbox=”1″ to the shortcode.

However, if I click the image in the lightbox, it goes to the MediaPress section in the user profile but does not show the individual image that the user clicked on. For an image uploaded from the back end, it goes to a url like /member/username/mediapress/media/sunflowers-3/ with a reference to the image, but does not show the image, nor does the image appear in the public media shortcode I have in the sidebar. For an image uploaded via the front end uploader, it shows in the public media shortcode but clicking on the image in the lightbox takes you to a url like /member/username/mediapress/default-group-icon-2/. In either case, it just shows the user mediapress page and not the photo in question.

This is a gallery I created from wp-admin and not from the front end.

The lightbox seems a bit delayed in loading, but this could be due to my CDN or having some sort of lazyloading going on — I’ll check into that.

But is there any way to get clicking on the image in lightbox to show that image attachment?
    Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51425

Hi Cheryl,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

What you are looking for is the expected behaviour.

1. It seems you have the component set to members. Please create a new gallery and set the component as “sitewide”

2. For the lightbox, Please visit dashboard->MediaPress->Settings->theming and look for the “Lightbox settings”(It is at the bottom of that page).

The last 4 options will help you customize what is opened inside the lightbox and where it links to.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Cheryl on #51438

Hi,

Thanks for the response.
    I already had the gallery in question set specifically to sitewide in the shortcode and had lightbox enabled for everything.

But from the sitewide gallery lightbox, clicking on the image in the lightbox lands you on the member gallery page and not with the image clicked on visible.

Any way to get clicking on the lightbox to open the image attachment or that specific image in the profile? If not, that’s OK I guess, it’s just confusing.
    Cheryl

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51447

Hi Cheryl,
    I am sorry, there is a confusion.

Sitewide is a type of gallery which does not appear on user profiles. It works even when there is no profile page.

If your goal is to use user gallery, you should pass component=”members”.

Please share the complete shortcode again and we will look into the issue why it is not opening the correct media in user gallery.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Cheryl on #51510

Hi,
    What I am trying to accomplish here is creating a sitewide gallery on a particular subject where any logged-in user can upload. Ideally, if you click on the image in the lightbox, it would show that image.

I have the moderation plugin enabled as well so I can moderate upload images.

If I have component=members enabled then I see the photo in my user gallery. If I have component=sitewide enabled, I end up on my profile if I click the menu.

However, if I log in as a subscriber the upload form is not available and I get the message, “I’m sorry you are not allowed to upload here” or some such thing.

I noted a post with a link to a plugin here:
    https://github.com/mediapress/mpp-global-shared-gallery

To enable user uploads for a gallery. Is this still necessary and should I install it to be able to do this?

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51527

Hi Cheryl,
    In order to achieve your goal, here are the steps I suggest.

1. You need sitewide gallery not members gallery.
    2. You will need Gloabal Shared gallery addon to make the gallery shared by all users.

Please create a sidewide gallery for each topic and mark it as global shared(uploaded by all) using the plugin linked form github.

That will make it work for your use case.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Cheryl on #51567

OK,

I installed and enabled the global shared gallery addon. I went to the gallery, found the metabox that the plugin added and enabled it. I made sure the user role had media upload permission.

I used the following shortcode:
    [mpp-show-gallery id=80592 lightbox=1 component=sitewide]
    [mpp-uploader gallery_id=80592 component=”sitewide” type=”photo”]

But when logged in as a standard user, I am still getting “Sorry you are not allowed to upload here.”

Anything else to check?

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #51607

Hello Cheryl,

Thank you for the acknowledgement. Please download the latest plugin from the following URL:

https://github.com/mediapress/mpp-global-shared-gallery/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

Please give it a try and let me know if it works or not.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Cheryl on #51622

Thank you…that worked. A regular logged in user can now upload to the gallery and, if you click on the image it opens in a lightbox and then clicking on that opens the gallery.

The lightbox appeared messed up in an incognito window, but it was loading fine in Firefox — but the incognito window also seemed to have other css issues, so I think that’s a separate issue.

Seems to be working as desired now.
    Thanks

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #51623

Hello Cheryl,

Thank you for the acknowledgement. I am glad that I could help.

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved