I have a few question about MediaPress:
1) Is it possible to open a video from the videos list (shortcode) directly to a Single Video Page (Like Single Post), or inside of a Lightbox, instead of going to the author’s profile?
2) How can I create video playlists, like on Youtube?
3) Are there any templates for those BuddyPress tabs that I can override? (My Gallery, Create a Gallery, etc.)
Thank you for the question.
1. Yes. This is the default behaviour if you click on the title. The single video page is located on user profile, that’s why you are seeing this.
2. We don’t have any way currently.
3. Yes. Each and every page is templatable. Please look inside plugin/mediapress/templates directory. You can copy the files while maintaining same structure.
Please see this for an example
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Brajesh 🙂
1) Is it at all possible to display the Single Video page outside of the user’s profile? Like on a normal WordPress Post? I’m working on developing a post template for the Single Video page, to give it a more Youtube-like look and feel.
2) I am looking to develop this feature myself. Do you think it would be possible to create Playlists in MediaPress programmatically? And if so, how? Should I add a Playlist taxonomy to the Gallery Post Type? And how would we make it user-specific, so that other users can’t make changes to the playlists that you create?
Alternatively, would it be possible to duplicate the Gallery Post Type and turn it into the Playlist Post Type? I noticed that there is a “Re-order” Tab in the Edit Gallery area, which would work perfectly for re-ordering your media inside of a Playlist/Gallery.
3) Okay thanks, I’m looking into this now.
4) Also, what about Related Media? Like Related Videos, Related Audio. It would be great to show a list of related videos. I saw a plugin you wrote on Github that adds a Category Taxonomy to Galleries, so I think I could duplicate it and modify it for Tags (Non-hierarchical) instead. Then we could query the media that has matching tags and show it at the bottom of the Single Video page, or in a widget.
Thank you for the reply.
1. Yes, you can override it using template.
2. I will suggest creating new post type and using that as the name of playlist. You can keep the video ids in meta. Users will be set as post author. Should be achievable with some custom work.
4. Yes you should be. You will need to implement it on your own.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.