BuddyDev

Search

"Rate Limit User Activity" Breaks "Activity as Wire" and Notifications

• Participant
    Steve on #546

It seems that the activity limiter stops all “Mentions” from being classified as mentions and instead just classifies the activity as a post update. So when posting on another member’s wall using ‘Activity as Wire’ or just sending a public message without Activity as Wire it does not show on that user’s activity stream or in their mentions, it just shows on the originating user’s activity stream as “posted an update”. This obviously also affects all notifications and notification plugins such as ‘Live Notifications’ since no mention is being registered. As soon as ‘Rate Limit User Activity’ is disabled the mentions and notifications systems work properly.

Please let me know if there is a fix for this issue.
    thx

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #547

Hi Steve,
    Thank you for posting.
    I was not aware of the issue but these plugins may conflict. Both deal with the activity updates in different way and there is a possibility of conflict.

I will look into it and get a solution by tomorrow.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #567

Hi Steve,
    Sorry about the delay.

I tested these two plugins together and here is what i found.

When rate limiter plugin is active, the BuddyPress Activity as wire plugin stops working. Other than that, public notifications etc was working fine for me.

Is that the case for you too? I am working on a compatibility fix right now and will have another update for you soon.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #570

Hi Steve,
    I have updated the Rate Limit User activity plugin and now it works fine with BuddyPress Activity AS wire plugin.

If you are using BuddyDev dashboard plugin, you can directly update from your plugins page.
    Otherwise, please download from here

https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-rate-limit-user-activity/

and update.

Please do let me know if that works for you or not?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #578

Hi Steve,
    Have you had any chance to look at the update?
    I will appreciate your feedback.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved