Recommendation for an “after registration” form to capture xprofile field groups in a coeherent fashion.
Eg: Group 1: 20 fields, 5 set to “forced”
Group 2: 5 fields, one set to “forced”
Problem is the users do not see the second group, as there are two many fields, and give up.
It would be ideal to setup a multi stage or page form, with a “next” option to go througt the ontaking of a user (each member group has different questions or fields that apply)…
Any thoughts ?
Thanks in advance, and I hope I not over extending the friendship 🙂
I corresponded with Brajesh about this a while back. It’s a real issue with Buddypress / Buddyboss. There is no way to have a second set of profile fields (not required at signup), required after sign up. It’s a major limitation. I definitely need a solution.
Ideally, we need the profile completion plugin to support a walk through for the user:
1. Upload your profile photo
2. Complete group 2/custom group profile questions.
3. Redirect to desired URL after all steps are complete.
This is really needed and I’d pay for it. The BuddyPress Profile Completion plugin already available here is maybe 80% of the way there….
If this existed, then I can just ask the user for username and email at signup which is IDEAL!
Hi John, well, the shame here is that Brajesh’s profile completion plugin is very close. Brajesh, what do you need to make this happen?
Edit: Sounds good Brajesh. Thank you. (We were writing our replies at exactly the same time)
- This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by John.
That was fast 🙂
Do you have a workflow that you would like the user to go though(From registration, activation, login and exploration). I mean do you have a specific on boarding process that you would like to see or will it be fine to implement one like twitter?
We are now interested in a proper onboarding solution.
Hi Brajesh, I can share the desired workflow for my site which is using Buddyboss:
1. User signs up and is only asked for email, password, username.
2. User is sent activation email (this is handled by Buddyboss)
3. User clicks on activation link in email and is returned to the site. They press “activate” button. (again already handled by Buddyboss)
4. User is redirected to profile picture upload page with message “Please upload your photo to continue”. This is already happening with the current BuddyPress Profile Completion plugin, though it is slightly buggy (I sent you an email yesterday).
All of the above already exists.
5. After profile photo is uploaded, user is redirected to custom profile questions. Realistically, I think the site owner should be allowed to add one new profile “field set” and have the plugin work with that. So there would be the “Base” field set and one additional field set (could just be called “Profile” or maybe you can account for any name given….
6. Once the custom field set is successfully completed and submitted by the user, the user is redirected to a URL that can be set in the plugin. That’s how we feed them into the next step of their user experience.
So, as I’ve stated, I think the current version of the plugin is 80% of the way there.
One more thing: just thinking out loud here. What I’ve described above is good. What would be excellent is this:
Site owner has the option in the plugin to only require profile photo and/or additional field set profile completion when users are trying to access a certain part of the website (i.e., the members directory).
Would be great to require a photo right away, and then require additional profile field completion when users try to access member directory.
That’s just my needs. I don’t know if others would want that. Failing this, I’d be happy with what I mention in the previous post.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.