BuddyDev

Search

Remove mediapress and all files

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Audiomonk on #28654

Hi Guys

Am wanting to close down the mediapress part of my site and remove traces/files. It isn’t popular anymore and there’s a stack of files people have that are using up a lot of space. I’d like to give them the opportunity to get their files first before it’s removed.

What would be the most efficient way to remove it all without breaking anything?

Still think its great software, just need the space back.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28659

Hi Audiomonk,
    Thank you for the question.

MediaPress does not come with any specific tool for data export. Since the media is normal WordPress attachment, you can use the WordPress data export tool for the same.

For deleting, any media cleaning should work.
    I am going to try https://wordpress.org/plugins/media-cleaner/ in next couple of days and see if it needs any compatibility form our side.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #28828

Brajesh, I apologise for the delay. Long story, won’t write it here.

Firstly, I want to thank you for all the help and support you have provided with Mediapress over the years. I truly am sorry I have to remove it.

I too tried mediacleaner, but it seemed to delete files I didn’t want it to. I hope there is a way for me to remove all the files, as they’re taking up a lot of space.

Best wishes
    Michael

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28840

Hi Michael,
    No issues.

Please allow me 2-3 more days. I am planning to see if I can add a filter there for deleting files specific to MediaPress.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #29771

Just wondering if any progress on this Brajesh ?

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #30200

Bumping it … need a solution.. running out of space.. 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30206

Hi Audiomonk,
    I am sorry, I haven’t been very helpful due to my schedule. It got a lower priority as I will need to install a 3rd party plugin.

Today @ravisharma has shown me a way to delete media without any change. I am asking him to share it here.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #30208

Hello Audiomonk,

With MediaCleaner you can delete MediaPress media by searching mediapress in search form. It will list all media for MediaPress. Just select all MediaPress media and delete. Please check the following link

https://imgur.com/9sRmIkk

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #30209

Thank you Brajesh and Ravi, when I deactivate and delete mediapress, will it clean all database tables, and option entries too ? Do I need a 3rd party plugin to remove the traces?

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #30210

Hello Audiomonk,

It will delete all data from “wp_posts” and “wp_postmeta” tables.

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved