BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Reply to comment button not working in buddypress stream activities

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Nestor Djintelbé on #34993

Hello,

I am using buddypress in my website but since few time, one can not reply to comment activities. The reply button can not send anything. I don’t know if it is because of updating wordpress to the 5.6 version. I installed Enabled jQuery Migrate Helper plugin but it didn’t solve the problem.

I need help please. Thank you in advance for your help.

Wordpress 5.6
    Buddypress 7.0

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #34994

Hello Nestor,

Thank you for posting. Are you able to view the comment form. If yes, Is there any error you are getting. If not there might be chances that any javascript error is conficting and preventing to load comment form. Please let me know

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Nestor Djintelbé on #35011

Helo Ravi,

Thank you for your quick reply. I can view the comment form and I am not getting any error. When the comment form appear and I type a text and click to reply button to send the comment, the buton stays clicked indefinitely and doesn’t send the text.

Regards

Nestor

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #35053

Hello Nestor,

Sorry for the delayed reply and thank you for the acknowledgement. Can you provide me a temporarily guest account so that I could help.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Nestor Djintelbé on #35064

Hello Ravi,

Thank you again!
    The website is still in local. I am developing it using Local by Flywheel. So, I don’t know if it is possible to provide a temporarily guest account for someone in local installation. If yes, how can I do it? It can do anything you ask for; I really need to solve the problem.

Best regards,

Nestor

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #35073

Hello Nester,

Ok, Can you please send me the ajax reponse you are getting while making a reply. You can get ajax reponse through chrome developer tool bar under network tab look for ‘admin-ajax.php’ then response tab. Please share it with me.

Regards
    Ravi

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Ravi.
  • Participant
    Nestor Djintelbé on #35076

Hello Ravi,

Thank you again!

Here are what I am getting while the reply button is clicked: There are several admin-ajax.php. And it is still appearing.

The response in the first is:
    {"bnb-data":{"messages":[],"last_notified":0},"wp-auth-check":true,"server_time":1608835280}
    At this moment, the lastest is

{"bnb-data":{"messages":[],"last_notified":0},"wp-auth-check":true,"server_time":1608836533}

Regards

Nestor

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35107

Hi Nestor,
    Ravi is away for the time being, so I will assist till then.

The response you have shared is for the heartbeat requests and not related to the troubleshooting.

Please open the activity page, then open the console panel, open the Network tab and then make sure to clear all requests there.
    Now, try adding a comment and check the requests sent to wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

If you skip the heartbeat requests, there should be one single request for comment. Can you please tell us if it receive any response and if yes, what response does it receive.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nestor Djintelbé on #35131

Hello Brajesh,

Thank you very much for assistance.

When a comment is added after opening the network tab, the request send to wp-admin/admin-ajax.php is most of the time “failed to load response data” (admin-ajax.php appears in read). After about ten requests the response is something like
    {"bnb-data":{"messages":[],"last_notified":0},"wp-auth-check":true,"server_time":1609106046}.

Regards

Nestor

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #35136

Hello Nestor,

As per you above reply there might be a fatal error occuring that is causing response failed error. Please enable WordPress debug mode first and then try to make a reply. After that have a look in error log about the error. Also, Please share the error log so that I could help.

For Debuging in WordPress have a look here:
    https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved