BuddyDev

Search

Request to add Lightbox for single page view in Mediapress

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    wingflap on #50749

In Mediapress settings under Theme, I would like an option to open Lightbox on the single page view. If a user clicks the image in single page view, I’d like a lightbox to open up. And if the image is clicked in the lightbox, the lightbox would just close and not do a redirect to the same page.

Or, another option would be to have the lightbox open for that picture, but allow navigation through the current gallery. Then, clicking the image in lightbox could do a redirect to the single page view for the current image showing in lightbox.

This would be helpful for mobile navigation

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50753

Hi,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

I am sorry but I am not sure of the use case. Isn’t there an option in the gallery that allows you to use lightbox and open single media in lightbox?

We can add this (Open in lightbox by default) but it will take some time. For the time being, Please enable the lightbox mode for gallery.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    wingflap on #50754

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. In Mediapress settings in the Theme tab, there are the following options:

Open Activity Media in Lightbox
    Open photos in lightbox if gallery is clicked
    Open photos in lightbox if photo in gallery is clicked

The use case is to make consistent use of the lightbox for the user. If someone clicks on a gallery thumbnail, lightbox appears and the user can navigate among the images in the gallery from within the lightbox. If the user clicks on an image in lightbox, they are brought to the single image page. The only way to get back to the lightbox is to click the gallery name in the breadcrumb and then click on the gallery thumbnail.

It would be nice to be able to use the lightbox to expand the image in the single image page. This is something that I think is more useful for mobile use.

So, for example, a user clicks on a gallery thumbnail which opens the first image in the gallery in lightbox. They comment on the image (in lightbox), then use the lightbox arrow to navigate to the next image. Then they comment on the next image, but want to see more details about the image. So they click on the image which brings them to the single image page. From there, the only way back to the gallery list in lightbox is (like I said above) to navigate back to the gallery page where you’d have to click the gallery thumbnail again to get back to lightbox.

I hope this makes sense to you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50772

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

You are right, the clicking on lightbox media is problematic at the moment. Please allow us to update it.

It is festive seasons here, so please bear with us, the updates will be available in next 2 weeks or early.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    wingflap on #50776

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I’m looking forward to the update when it becomes available. I really appreciate your quick response to this issue. Hope you have a nice time during the holidays.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50779

Thank you.
    I sincerely appreciate your patience.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    wingflap on #50862

Hi,

Just checking in to see if there is any update on this?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50875

Hi,
    I am sorry, we haven’t started any work on this. We will start with it on 17th and update you next week.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    wingflap on #50943

Any progress yet?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50948

Please check back with us on day end 5th. It will be released by then or early.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved