BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Set Gallery Cover Photo without re-uploading

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Shannon Belletti on #29019

It’s not clear to me when creating a gallery that the last image in my upload will be set as the cover. So when I go to edit my gallery cover photo, I’m given an option to Upload a new one or Delete one. I don’t want to upload a new one, I simply want to select one from my already uploaded images. How do I do that? (other than dragging it to the bottom of my gallery, which is not intuitive.)

Ideally, I’d like a “Select New Cover Image” rather than “Upload…” which would let me choose from images already in my gallery or allow me to upload a new one.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #29031

Hello Shannon,

We have a plugin that allows set media as gallery cover. Please download

https://github.com/mediapress/mpp-set-media-as-gallery-cover/archive/master.zip

Give it a shot.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Shannon Belletti on #29061

I’ve installed this plugin and see no observable change to my site. On the Edit Gallery Details tab, I still see the cover image with only two options “Upload New Cover” and “Delete”

Ideally, I’d like to see “Choose New Cover” as the only option that then gives you options to “Upload/Select/Delete”

It would also be helpful on the Edit Media screen to add a checkbox to “Make This Image The Cover Image” or something similar.

On the Reorder tab, it would be nice to highlight the cover image in some way, either by overlaying the word “Cover” or adding an outline or other visual clue so they know which one is the cover. It should not be dependent on where the image is placed in the gallery…. ie, the cover image could be #10 in a gallery of 30 images.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #29068

Hello Shannon,

Sorry for the inconvenience. The plugin offers new settings can be found under Admin > MediaPress > Settings > Addon tab. From here you can enable set as cover button. Please check and let me know if it works or not.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Shannon Belletti on #29070

Ah, didn’t realize it had options that needed to be activated there. Yes, it’s working… sort of.

I like that I can set that in the Edit Media page. That works for me.

However, on the Edit Gallery Details page where it displays the current cover photo and gallery info, I still only see “Upload/Delete”. There really should be an option here to choose from existing images. Any way to do that?

Sorry to be a pain, but I do appreciate your help! 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #29074

Thank you for the acknowledgement. I am glad that I could help.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Shannon Belletti on #29076

Any way to implement “Choose Cover” on the Edit Gallery Details page? This is going to be confusing to our members.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29077

Hi Shannon,
    I am afraid that is not doable currently. We do not have a picker component that allows selecting media.

It should not be difficult for a developer do it but it is not available in core. You may want to hire a developer to custom code it if needed.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Shannon Belletti on #29078

In that case, is there a way to disable these links so that they HAVE to choose a cover from the Edit Media page?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29081

sure. Please use the following css

#change-gallery-cover{

display:none;
    }

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved