BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Set Gallery Cover Photo without re-uploading

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Shannon Belletti on #29089

That’s exactly what I needed, thank you!

Followup:

Is there CSS that I can use to style the cover image in the View Media view? It obviously knows which one it is since the Set Cover button is missing, but it would be nice for me to be able to add a highlight border or something to it, especially in large galleries.

Also, there is a little weirdness to the Set Cover functionality.

1. View the Media as thumbnails.
    2. Set the Cover image to be a different image.
    3. I get a notification that the “Cover Set.” under the new image, but… since the screen doesn’t fully refresh, the former cover image cannot be selected because it doesn’t have the Set Cover button. So if they change their mind, they can’t reselect the original cover without performing a hard refresh. Can you fix?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29147

Hi,

Is there CSS that I can use to style the cover image in the View Media view? It obviously knows which one it is since the Set Cover button is missing, but it would be nice for me to be able to add a highlight border or something to it, especially in large galleries.

I do not think that Ravi has added that. The plugin you are using for cover is not an officially supported yet(not released on BuddyDev).

I will ask @ravisharma to explore this possibility of adding a class and also fix the issue of showing image on reload.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #29153

Hello Shannon,

I have updated the plugin repo. Now after updating gallery cover image page gets reloaded. Also, I have added a new class ‘gallery-cover’ to media which is set as gallery cover. You can apply style using this class.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Shannon Belletti on #29160

Where would the updates be located? I downloaded the https://github.com/mediapress/mpp-set-media-as-gallery-cover/archive/master.zip and installed it, but I don’t see any changes.

I tried both overwriting the existing plugin via FTP, and I also tried removing the original plugin and reinstalling this one.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved