Hi guys, I’m in a bit of a tough spot. I love the plugin, but I need a way to add custom categories to the plugins in order to filter them on a sitewide basis. (I need the user to be able to select a Category and then have that category filterable on the site)
For example; an art site allowing:
I also need to be able to sort the galleries based on how many views they have; sort of like a popularity sorter.
I am willing to work with whatever other plugins would be able to make this happen.
2. Are you using Multisite? Is it subdomain install? Is domain mapping enabled?
I am not using Multisite
I believe domain mapping is not enabled
This is a main domain that I am building but it is only a test domain
3. Are you using BuddyPress?
4. Is there anything specific about your BuddyPress Installation( Is the multi network or multiblog mode enabled?)
5. Which version of WordPress/BuddyPress are you using?
Version: 2.7.2 BP
6. Which theme you are using? which version?
Parallax Frame, 0.6
7. Is it a fresh install or did you do an upgrade?
8. When the problem started? did it happen after installing/upgrading plugin, theme or WordPress?
9. If the 8th point is applicable, what type of change/update was done?
10. If it is not too much, can you please provide the list of plugins?
– BuddyPress 2.7.2
– BuddyPress Activity Comment Notifier 1.1.4
– BuddyPress Follow 1.2.2
– BuddyPress Sitewide Activity Widget 1.3.2
– Column Shortcodes 0.6.9
– MediaPress 1.0.7
– Page Links To 2.9.6
– PHP Code Widget 2.3
– Relative URL for Img and A Tags 1.0.1
– Remove Dashboard Access 1.1.3
– SysInfo 1.1.0
– WP Custom Widget area 1.2.2
– WPtouch Mobile Plugin 4.3.6
Thanks, you’re the best, this has been a super useful plugin so far!
My apologies for the delayed reply.
1. At the moment there is no ready to use solution for this available with MediaPress. It is easily doable though./
MediaPress uses custom post type for Gallery and ‘attachment’ post type for Media. So, adding categories is possible to both of these. It will need some UI though. Are you comfortable with php?
We may do it in future our self but not right now.
About Views:- We do have a plugin for Media Views that allows sorting et via views. You are looking for a gallery view, so that will need to be custom implemented.
My apologies for the lack of features at the moment.
it’s no trouble at all, I really appreciate you taking the time to help with the issues and your dedication to the plugin and those of us that use it, it means a lot!
I have a little bit of experience with php, editing php code, and adding php code to plugins or functions; but I’m still somewhat new at it, so I wouldn’t necessarily call myself “comfortable.”
I am semi okay editing UI to fit terms that already exist, so if I can add categories to attachment type using previous code, that would work.
And to add that UI to the front end where users are required to select a category upon upload of their gallery.
Does this make sense?
It’s no problem, I appreciate the assistance and all the hard work you guys put into this regardless of any functionality that isn’t yet built in.
Please allow me till the day end today. One of our developers @ravisharma did something similar in past for categories and I am waiting for him to report back today.
Asap I get the details, you may/my not need to do it yourself.
I will update you again today
Thank you. We managed to allow adding category from front and put the list in the drop down filter but the filtering does not work at the moment. Thre lies an issue with our MPP_Gallery_Query parameters. I will need to update it first to make this functional.
Would it be possible to advise me on the code just for those things? I’m trying to implement feature pretty quickly, it’s a key element for the site I’m working on and have about a week to get it done now.
Something to work with is at least a step forward!
I have just completed the addon for MediaPress. This will able user to create categories and assign MediaPress Gallery into those categories. Please check the GitHub link
Please download the latest Code of MediaPress from the GitHub Repository
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.