BuddyDev

Search

Sort Galleries by Category, Gallery Filtering

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Fidd on #6603

Hi guys, thank you so much for your help! It has been really useful and I really appreciate all the work! The plugin works great except, like you said, the filtering for the categories doesn’t work.

Is there any permalink assigned to everything within this category that I can link to in order to provide gallery filtering through a custom menu, or is that part of the issue?

Thanks again!

• Participant
    Rod on #6604

Yes I concur you blokes have done a great job with this.
    However, is there any way to provide a popup, forcing the user to select a category before they complete their upload.

• Participant
    Rod on #6606

PS, and for that category to be saved against that image in the media library.

Thanks.

• Participant
    Xochi on #6747

Greetings,
    This is a great addition for me as well. Thank you so much. Quick question, will I be able to call certain galleries to a page by category? An am also wondering if there will be a way for users to add a category while they are creating the gallery.
    Thanks,
    Xochi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6756

Hi Fidd, Rod, Xochi,
    Thank you all of you. The plugin is not yet in release state. We are working on next version of MediaPress(with remote media support) and should be available this week.

Once we are done, we will have this plugin with the shortcode.

@xochi,
    1. Yes, you will be with the shortcode. Please allow us a week.
    2. It is already there(works with the current trunk version from github)

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Charles Brown on #7084

Ok I need this functionality. Are there any updates on progress status? This is functionality I will pay for if it works right OBE. Also I dont know jack about php coding. I would like to show a member’s username linked to their profile under gallery listings and when viewing a gallery’s page… there is a function for that already by adding some php code to a loop or creating a new loop, the instructions are vague to do it for a newbie but really, shouldn’t that be part of mediapress itself out of the box? The member that posted the media i’m sure would like credit for it by a visit to their profile I would think.

• Participant
    Xochi on #7153

Greetings Brajesh,

Any updates on this? Embedding media through mediapress.

Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7163

Hi Charles, Xochi,

Please let the next version of MediaPress come out this week. After that, we can officially push for the categories plugin.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved