BuddyDev

Search

Suggestions "BuddyPress Notify Post Author on Blog Comment" and error notificat

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Jonás on #3952

Hi has a small fix. When you visit the post the notice is deleted instead of marcarce as read.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3956

Hi Jonas,
    Deleting notification was my idea. I will update to mark as read and will post back.

About the custom development, Do you have time to allow us to work on it after the coming Monday?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jonás on #3959

Yes. Do not worry. Not rush. Thank you

• Participant
    Michael on #4382

Hi everyone, I am sorry for posting on this post, I cannot seem to find my post I created. @sbrajesh I am not sure but I believe you are the creator of a plugin I use (just thinking this from seeing your responses here). It is the “BuddyPress Notify Post Author on Blog Comment” plugin.

It works great except for two things for me. I am using multisite, and when I have a new subdirectory site it does notify but not** with a working link for the users. It seems like a backend link. The comment ID is called perfectly in that link, but I need a blog-post link where the actual comment was made, then passed into the plugin link handler, instead of the link there.

Is there a simple way of doing this? Thank you for your work!

Edit in: The other thing is that my CPT’s don’t show in the activity stream, but I am not sure if the plugin does that.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Michael.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Michael.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4385

Hi Michael,
    Thank you.
    Here is your topic
    https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/need-help-with-links-buddypress-notify-post-author-on-blog-comment/

Let us take help you there.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    giuseppe on #6537

Hi @sbrajesh and @jonacin
    About the new feature (Notifies new post if, you’re friend who published), are there a news?
    I think it is a very good feature because it generate interesting notifications that can improve the interest about the web community.
    Are you working in to do that? Or you are not interested?
    Please, let me know.
    Thanks for your work.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6546

Hi Giuseppe,
    Thank you.
    I have explained it in my first reply

3. Notifying friends. I don’t think that is a good idea. It will lead to a lot of notification.

I have no plans to do that. It is beyond the scope of this plugin and I am not interested in doing it at the moment.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved