BuddyDev

Search

This plugin not work with other themes?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    tangpage on #27611

why? why? ; (

please make it compatible with one of most popular theme: Kleo! please!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27612

Hi,
    We are sorry but we do not plan to make these plugins(BP Giphy, BP Emoji, BP Better Experience and atleast 5 more) available for any 3rd party theme. They will be only available with Community Builder Pro and our upcoming themes(2 more, better themes coming before March 31).

The reason is, with our theme, we get a lot of flexibility to do things which is not feasible in normal BuddyPress themes.

Also, I personally believe, even our free version is better than what the popular themes are offering I am looking forward to more of the community experiencing our theme.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    tangpage on #27614

oh, no…. why there are some super popular theme, because they help user with all kinda compatibility with all kinda popular plugins… they do help a lot… that’s why they succeed , i guess..

will your themes keep update with compatibility with some plugins like Visual Composer, something like that?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27615

Hi,
    Our theme is already compatible with Visual Composer and Elementor. We recommend Elementor though(It is fast and more efficient than Visual Composer).

We look forward to making it compatible with any popular plugin requested by our members.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    tangpage on #27616

I know Elementor is lighter, faster, but I still stick to Visual Composer, which they generate everything in ShortCodes which i can use anywhere easily, even I don’t have to login my website to open the page to edit, just on my ftp open any php file to add content with shortcodes, that’s the best thing about Visual Composer.

Also, I found your theme has a file: buddyboss-global-search, so, is your theme compatible with buddyboss plugins, like “BuddyPress User Blog”, it’s the best blog plugin for buddypress!

• Participant
    tangpage on #27617

and, anyway, emoji , is not such a must-have plugin, soooo, sigh , i have to just forget about it. 😉

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27618

Hi,
    Thank you for the feedback.

1. We will support any BuddyPress plugin our members need(with a condition that it does not downgrades the performance).

2. We have a fork of BuddyBoss’s BuddyPress Global Search named BuddyPress Better search and that template is for that.

3. I do agree with you on visual composer but to use shortcode, you do not need visual composer. The good thing about visual composer is the wide range of presets/feature and the available eco system. The bad thing is it does not take efficiency seriously.

4. We do not expect existing site owners to switch to our theme just because of Emoji or GIPHY. We are not expecting people who are already satisfied with their site’s performance to switch side.

We are hoping to help those people who are looking to improve their site speed and functionality. In our upcoming series “Solving Common BuddyPress problems” we are going to showcase the power of Community Builder and how it saves time while solving most of the common/well known BuddyPress issues.

Community Builder is aimed at solving BuddyPress problems which has either been never solved or there are are no simple ways to do it.
    It also empowers site admins to design their site on their own terms unlike other themes where each site look and feel the same.

I am looking forward to the next 6 months and I hope that our effort will be helpful for many.

Btw, I purchased Kleo, Gwangi, Adavark and a few more themes a few month ago to make sure we analyze what problems they are solving, what the actual BuddyPress Community is facing and how can we ease it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    tangpage on #27620

Awesome, I am glad to hear that!!! sounds like it’s going to better than BuddyBoss with your more buddypress plugins!

I actually almost switch to Buddyboss theme, their works are really fantastic, the whole design is great, i believe in the future, you guys could bring some pieces of art works!

And I would look forward to seeing some control center to bring all your plugins together , easy to setup, to modify, like WBcomDesign, but theirs is still not as good as i expect…

Best wishes.

• Participant
    tangpage on #27630

And, there’s something not right for how to start your Community Builder, it’s better well prepared, now, only allow people to see very very very simple user front… not well styled, since it’s a builder, not allow to see backend for website builder? only very simple user front, soooo limited… builder love to see how to easily config everything on the backend, and of course, good design is really a must-have…

I believe in you guys, cuz, you guys did a really really great jobs on various buddypress plugins!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27631

Hi,
    Thank you.
    Thank you for the feedback.

Please click on the “Customize” button in the menu on our demo site and you will get the option to customize the site.

Please test.

We are still preparing the docs and blog before going live fully. There are a lot of the things in the theme which we haven’t been able to showcase on demo.

We will be coming up with more and better demo in near future. For now, Please do try customize and let me know your suggestions/feedback.

PS:- We will be releasing 2 more themes by March end which are more focused on design than being a builder.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘This plugin not work with other themes?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved