BuddyDev

Search

This plugin not work with other themes?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27633

Hi KH,
    Thank you for checking the theme. May I ask for a favour?
    You have been using BuddyPress for quiet some time and I/we have benefited from your suggestions and support for a long time. I appreciate you being with us.

If you have some time, Please do take a look at our “Customizer” and see if it help you or not and if it is good or we need to make it better(and what needs to be).

Also, can you please tell me what should we do to make the demo more interesting:-

– Adding some pre built home page layouts using page builders?
    – Adding better menu/dorpdown
    – adding better left/right panel menus?
    – Adding more plugins like Gamipress, BadgeOS etc over the demo?

Please do share your suggestions if you have some time.

Looking forward to your feedback.

PS:- This is a minimalistic theme that lets site admins design their own. Our next themes will be more specifically design focused(I may share the design over email if you want to take a look).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    tangpage on #28099

This is soooo wrong…. just my opinion , i just checked your pro theme out, on the back end, click on your community builder… what? nothing? no any options to set up the theme, nothing!!!!!! ; (

You are not really prepared… maybe should look at buddy boss theme, or kleo, see how they develop an options for user to setup? to integrate more stuffs you already have (all those awesome plugins… )

the first impression… is really kinda… ahhhh, i don’t know what to say…

options to setup fonts, header, footer, pages, buddypress options, your great plugin integrations, where are those? nothing to start with…

your theme is totally not ready… how to make new users get interested in your theme?

… sad…

your team has done amazing works on plugins, i bet you guys could do a lot better than that….

best regards, best wishes.

Kino.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28100

Hi Kino,
    Thank you for the feedback.

You most probably did not look at the activation notice and neither at the theme menu in the Appearance.

Please visit Appearance->Customize and see what we have got. No other BuddyPress theme offers what we have.

Neither BuddyBoss nor any premium theme comes even near to what we have provided for customization. Have a look.

Community Builder pro is the first of the 4 themes coming. It is DIY framework(Create your own theme using live customizer).

These plugins are not for Community Builder alone, They have been made specifically for our future themes(which are more design oriented).

In next 2 months, we will have themes which will be either better than any existing BuddyPress theme or will be near theme. Community Builder is not a theme, It is a framework which allows you rapid development.
    So, It does not compare to the normal themes.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    tangpage on #28102

sorry, i just see that customize button, and the way to bring to front end , everything on the left bar, little tiny area, make me feel not so comfortable, but, yup, its okay..

but… you know comparing to others…. still missing lots of things…

one more thing, i still like the customizing on the back end, an full page , not at a tiny area… lol.

and expecting in the future, option of buddypress could integrate with more of your buddypress plugins…. make your theme more powerful more unique…

• Participant
    tangpage on #28103

just my opinion… ; )

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28104

Hi Kino,
    Thank you.
    I will love to hear what are the missing options you think there is? Considering the framework will be constantly updated for next 5-10 years, I would love to have them.

Please do know that tiny area is “WordPress Customizer”, the standard way to live customize WordPress theme.

Most of the BuddyPress theme lack this and use old style options panel where you can not see what you are changing. Since you might have used these themes mostly, this may appar different, but this is the right way(and considered better way in WordPress).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    tangpage on #28108

so , by default, installing your theme, didn’t get what all the demo has shown, like changing cover, on the demo, show popup window, after uploading, auto refreshing page with new cover…

?

• Participant
    tangpage on #28109

the you cant set the cover height on your customizing options, and there’s a weird gap on my testing site….

• Participant
    tangpage on #28110

I don’t have any other plugins installed… pure wordpress and buddypress and your theme …

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28111

Hi Kino,
    The cover upload as well as registration customization(disabling username/password etc) are available as part of the BuddyPress Better Experience plugin.

Since the team was working on adding profile completeness widget, they might not have put it in public yet. Let me check and make this available as public in next 2-3 days.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘This plugin not work with other themes?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved