BuddyDev

Search

This plugin not work with other themes?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    tangpage on #28155

Yes, i agree on something about Youzer, i have kleo, it has youzer, i tested, i didn’t use, only thing i love about is their activity post form, integrate with everything people like most, and design well. all design can be override by just editing css… which is not really such a thing of making all sites look same… just like, if people use your Community Builder, if don’t do anything about style, all look same too, right? but, somehow, youzer make me feel , its not so flexible, so i didn’t use it, but in common, a control panel, like youzer’s, i think its still a trending.

and after all, the best thing about youzer that i like so much, is activity post form capabilities. looks like integrated seemly, and easy to enable, disable over control panel. that maybe a inspiring for your future works to bring all your awesome plugins together?

also, i went to Kleo’s website, complaining about their so-called best buddypress theme, cuz, they barely focus on developing to improve buddypress, only the base, lol, and i was told, these year, they are going to bring huge change on that… i am still kinda expecting lol.

You have a lot of awesome plugins, i think bring them together ,make a community builder buddypress controlling panel, with better design, to become the heart of your better themes, i bet, you could be a rock star. ; )

best wishes,

Kino.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28156

Hi Kino,
    Thank you.

1. Why we do not use a settings page and instead use the customizer

Please see. This is the recommended way.

https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/customize-api/

2. We can make a control panel like most of the BuddyPress themes do. It is a simple task( most of the themes are using a modified version of the Redux framework(even BuddyBoss uses this)). We did use it in past but it is not something we want to do it in future.

I know this change might not feel good for some who are accustomed of the old framework/panel, but this is for the better.

3. Unlike the plugin, Community Builder advertises itself as a framework and to change the colors/layout/most of the thing, you do not need to know css or modify css.
    The live customizer allows you to preview the changes and update.

4. I believe You are right, BuddyPress activity experience needs to improve. We have worked on to improve it and in future, we will be doing a lot more.
    We plan to change the way BuddyPress themes work. I know that Community Builder is not for everyone, that’s why we have 4 more themes lined up. They will suit the specific needs better as they focus on design and are not framework.

I am pretty sure the current set of features we have offered(notifications/messages/profile cover/activity media/emoji/giphy etc), no other theme has(BuddyBoss theme does have emoji/giphy if you use BuddyBoss platform plugin instead of BuddyPress).

We look forward to push this more (and I hope others will follow).

Please keep checking our themes till August this year and be part of the change.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    tangpage on #28371

1. I understand what you insist on the customizer. (so, i have to get over it, not my preference, and probably never. lol. messy look will drive me crazy, lol. eventually, i think designers all prefer to cleaner way… less confusing. less messy, my opinion, maybe you still think it’s the better, but, not for me, never. lol. )

2. I don’t if I am right or not, that buddydev kinda like to become another buddyboss… since there’s buddyboss, since you are not quite ready (design, integration, more friendly ui… )…. I wish your success, and looking forward to see the best version of buddydev in the future… but now, i probably have to get over it…

3, yeah, by the way, buddyboss platform, just like youzer, nah, i think that’s not good ideas. but they do have better solutions for focusing what clients might need, best buddypress based blogging solution ever i think, and of course something else. And i believe if Kleo in the future focusing on social integration, based on their huge customers, that’s a big thing…

4. yup, happy coding home, stay safe. best wishes.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28372

Hi Kino,
    Thank you.

1. It is always a choice. We stick with what WordPress recommends as best practices.

2. We don’t have any interest in becoming BuddyBoss or just another theme house. Just to be clear, we were the first company which released the first custom BuddyPress Theme ever(Cosmic Buddy), BuddyBoss site did not even exist at that time.
    Our designer left and we could not release anything after that to match its success. Now we have a senior designer as part of our team who has been focusing on Social themes and we are looking forward to release the theme in near future(Community Builder is not from him).

Everyone has different choice and I am pretty sure there are people who will love a different theme.

Our focus has always been clean, light weight plugin and the same goes for our themes.

4. Thank you.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘This plugin not work with other themes?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved