https://buddydev.com/plugins/mpp-local-encoder/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    giulietta on #27283

Dear Brajesh,
    how are you? It’s long time I don’t write to you 😉
    I installed the last version of your transcoder plugin but it is still not working 😉
    I know that the support for this plugin in not free, but I would like to know only your opinion as you wrote the plugin…
    I think the transcoder does not work on my website because my website is not a dedicated hosting (it is a shared hosting).
    So I have 3, very easy for you, questions:
    1) Are there any possibilities to let your transcoder working on a shared hosting website?
    2) If the answer to the previous question is “yes”, do you think is it better to work on the software plugin or on the hosted (or server) website configuration?
    3) I did not understand if the cronjob is strictly necessary or is it only for the website performance?
    Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!!!
    Giulietta

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27289

Hi Giulietta,
    Happy New Year and Welcome back!

I am sorry but the plugin will not work on shared hosting. For transcoding, we need extra software like FFMPEG.

I guess that means, the answer is “No” in this case.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    giulietta on #27296

Hi Brajesh,
    thank you for the answer!
    Yes, I know that your plugin needs FFMPEG and it is already installed on my shared hosting, but evidently it is not enough. I can do and install what I want on my shared hosting, but I don’t know what I have to do in order to let your plugin working. So the question: is it possible to let your plugin working on a shared hosting (taking into account that I can do everything 😉 ).
    Best wishes!
    Giulietta

• Participant
    giulietta on #27570

Dear Brajesh,
    please, give me a second possibility 😉
    Could you please give me more information about the software requirements for your plugin?
    Which FFMPEG version? Which linux version? And any other information useful to understand why it does not run on my server. The problem seams to be due only to FFMPEG command and used options 🙁
    Best wishes!
    Giulietta

• Participant
    giulietta on #27571

PS I have installed FFMPEG 0.7.13 (2012) is it too old?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27585

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

I have checked it using FFMPEG version 2.8.15

There are a lot of factors that might cause it. I will suggest upgrading FFMPEG and try configuring the cron job.

You may use a plugin like WP Crontol to check if the cron is configured and working or not?

PS:- I tested it on Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved