BuddyDev

Search

Upgrading to MediaPress With Sitewide WordPress Gallery support

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #675

Hi All,
    today, I have pushed a major change to MediaPress. MediaPress can now be used with/without BuddyPress. There are numerous features/enhancements that I will be detailing in a series of posts from tomorrow.

There are a few breaking changes too and This post is all about that.

1. Old MediaPress templates won’t. We have modified the template loader for consistency and if you have copied old MediaPress template to your theme, it won’t work. This change will not affect most of the sites because copying the templates is not required, but a few of the sites which have copied it will not work.

If you need to modify the templates, please copy mediapress/templates/mediapress directory to your theme.
    So, your theme now should have a folder like
    yourtheme/mediapress/default/…..

This allows us to bundle more than one view/template with MediaPress in future. My apologies if it has any effect on your site.

2. We have renamed some of the activity meta we stored for better naming, It is transparent, all you need to do it deactivate the MediaPress and reactivate it. Those changes will be automatically propagated.

That’s all for the breaking changes, other than that all you will note will be new features/Improvements.

I will not go into details, but I strongly advise that after upgrading/activating MediaPress, please visit MediaPress->settings and try saving it and please invest 5 minutes in exploring/configuring it.

Today’s release is not the final, but we are reaching there. The new changes in various internals allow us to work with much flexibility in future. Also, we promise to not break templates in future.

Have a great time working with MediaPress 🙂

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jan Anderson on #678

Great!

Stuck at work but will install and report back in a few hours…
    J

• Participant
    Jan Anderson on #694

Up and running, very cool!!

Is there away to contribute translations online?

testing under way…

excellent work!

best
    j

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #696

Hi Jan,
    Thank you. If possible, please send via github or drop me a mail on brajesh@buddydev.com (Please do provide me some way to credit you, your preferred name/business/site).

In future, I am hoping to setup an install of glotpress, that will allow us to do translations during development.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #697

Note: If you are trying to test Sitewide Media Gallery, please upgrade again( My apologies). There was a bug in sitewide gallery. If you are using it for BuddyPress only, there is nothing to worry about.

• Participant
    Jan Anderson on #698

My plugin says Version 1.0 Beta 1.
    Is there a newer one? Just d-loaded it here…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Jan Anderson.
  • Participant
    Jan Anderson on #700

One follow up?
    It seems impossible to download a zip file document that I put up there.
    No download links or anything. Should they be there for a zip?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #701

Hi Jan,
    here is the direct link to the zip file.
    https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress/archive/master.zip

The version has not changed(considering the current speed, I believe we will get the Rc next week). You can always download the most recent version by clicking on that link.

If you want to see all the changes, you can view this link
    https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress/commits/master

Hope that helps.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved