BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] User Profile Tabs Creator – Tab Visibility – Multiple Options Not Working

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Mic on #21767

Hello,

I am trying to adjust the visibility of a tab so that only the profile owner, friends and administrator can see it. The tab in question is from a 3rd party plugin called Event-Manager, but for simplicity I followed this tutorial here as a test case:
    https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-user-profile-tabs-creator-pro/modify-visibility-availability-existing-buddypress-profile-tab/

I successfully setup a modified Groups tab as in the tutorial that was only visible when viewing a friends profile page. However, I also want to see the groups tab when I am logged in as an administrator or when I am viewing my own profile.

I attempted to modify the profile tab I just created by selecting an additional option for “Profile Owner” in addition to the “Friends” option that was already selected. Now the result I get is that I can see my own groups, but when visiting a friends group profile page I get a “404 page not found” error. Navigating to their profile shows that there is no longer a “Groups” tab visible.

I have tried several things such as creating multiple modified profile tabs and changing my theme to the default. I would like to know if this is something that I have miss-configured or if it is a bug.

Sincerely,
    Mic

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21768

Hi Mic,
    My apologies for the inconvenience.

It is most probably a mis configuration(Can’t say right now) as It seems acceptable setting to me

Can you please share me a screenshot of the visibility option? I can assist quickly.

PS:- Our support may be a bit slow till 2nd, please bear with us till then.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mic on #21777

Hey Brajesh,

I understand about the support situation with your office move and everything. I am looking forward to getting this wrapped up hopefully within the week.

Here is a screenshot of what the settings look like for this test tab I have created to replace “Groups”…
    https://imgur.com/PXda8iF

-Mic

• Participant
    Mic on #21778
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Mic on #22012

Okay,

I have done more testing with your latest release Version 1.1.7 and I am still seeing the issue.

Some visibility options like: Anyone, None, Logged In Members and Profile Owner seem to work as expected.

However, other options that I tested such as Friends and Subscriber DO NOT work in combination with Profile Owner. I am pretty sure that it is the Profile Owner setting causing problems because without that option checked, Friends and Subscriber will work as expected (I think).

In addition, the “Administrator” has visibility regardless of how the “Tab Visibility” option is set unless the only option that is set is the new “None” option. If “None” is set, then the administrator loses visibility along with everyone else as expected. Otherwise, he can see all… not a big deal though because it is the administrator.

My goal is to have both the profile owners and their friends be able to see certain tabs and subnav while excluding everyone else. I do not think this is currently possible.

Please check my configuration settings. I have created a test label called “Modifying Group Tab” that I have been using for this test.

Thank you,
    Mic

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22067

Hi Mic,
    I am sorry I could not test it earlier. Will do on Monday(tomorrow) and post an update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mic on #22069

Sounds good. Thanks for the update.

-Mic

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22094

Hi Mic,
    Thank you for the patience.
    I have looked at it now. It was a bug in the visibility option we have.
    Please upgrade to 1.1.8
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-user-profile-tabs-creator-pro/

This should work.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mic on #22117

Hey Brajesh,

I upgraded and installed version 1.1.8 and I was able to successfully limit visibility to the profile owner and friends… Alright!

Just a note, the Administrator still has visibility even if the option is not checked. For me, I always want my admin to have visibility so I don’t mind. It might be confusing to some users though.

Thanks for the hard work, marking this one as “resolved”.

-Mic

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22121

Hi Mic,
    Thank you.

The option to allow super admins(which is same as administrator on non multisite) is by choice.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved