BuddyDev

Search

user Profile

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Gianluca Mirizio on #39693

Dear guys,
    I am currenty working on this project, is a social for passionates of a sport.
    From the moment that there is not the possibility to create a page (on FB style) what I want to do is create different user profiles with different registrations and different fields.
    So you can register as a user (name, surname etc) or as a shop (name, location etc) or as a team.
    As a team I wuold like to give the possibility to mention the name of the team components and link them to their profile.
    Is it something I can manage or do I need a customization?

Thanks in advance.
    Gianluca

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39712

Hi Gianluca,
    Thank you for the details.

1. Please install member types pro plugin and create 2 member types for user and team.

2. Add profile fields and specify which member types they are supporting.

3. Create a member type profile field dropdown and let users choose their member type on registration.

4. Enable Registration condition in the member types pro to only save fields applicable to selected member type.

That should take care of the first part of your requirement.

Thew second part

As a team I would like to give the possibility to mention the name of the team components and link them to their profile.

There is not ready made solution for this. I am not sure how you want this to work but this section will most probably need custom development.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Gianluca Mirizio on #39715

Thanks.
    Not very clear this passage.

4. Enable Registration condition in the member types pro to only save fields applicable to selected member type.

I do not find the field to enable in the member type pro page.

On this passage:
    3. Create a member type profile field dropdown and let users choose their member type on registration.
    I have created single member typer on registration fields.
    Correct?
    Thanks for your help.
    Gianluca

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39832

Hi Gianluca,
    Hope you are doing well.

I am sorry for the delayed reply.

4. Please visit Dashboard->settings->Member Types pro, you will find it there.

Please have a look at the docs here.
    https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-member-types-pro/conditional-buddypress-registration-fields-based-on-buddypress-member-types/

Yes, the single member type field will be good enough.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved