BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Users can't download media

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kristin on #9253

I am using Mediapress + the Downloads add-on to enable my users to create private document galleries. As admin, I am able to download my own documents in my own user gallery without problem. My users, however, are not able to download their own files.

When they click the download link that appears under the file in their gallery, they are redirected to the site’s home page. The file link which appears when you hover over the Download link is the correct link for downloading (as admin, I am able to download the file at that link), however clicking on the link does not work for my users.

I am using a plugin to make the site private – the problem persists even when I deactivate that plugin and clear the cache. I am also using a membership plugin (Memberpress) but that doesn’t seem to be the issue either, because 1) my user is already logged in under that system when they try to download, and 2) whenever they try to access an area for which they have no privileges, they are normally taken to the login page, not the home page as happens in this case.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9255

Hi Kristin,

Please allow me to look into it. I will update you in 1-2 hours.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9259

Hi Kristin,
    Can you please tell me which file type are they trying to download? I just tested with the image and it is working fine for subscribers.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kristin on #9261

We are using it for PDF documents only.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9262

Thank you for the prompt reply. I am looking at it now.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9270

Hi Kristin,
    There seems to e an issue with the private status. I am looking further into it. Will have an update today to fix it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kristin on #9371

Just checking in…did this get updated?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9376

Hi Kristin,
    My apologies for the delayed reply.
    It was a bug in MediaPress and how it decides the access for ‘private’ status. I will push MediaPress 1.1.2 tonight and that will fix it.

Will post back after pushing the new version.

Thank you
    brajesh

• Participant
    Kristin on #9378

Great… thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9383

Thank you. Please upgrade to MediaPress 1.1.2 and it should work. Please do let me know if you see any issue.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved