BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] What controls the “What’s New” post display

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Mike Witt on #46798

I see that when someone makes a What’s new post from their profile, that it is stored in the bp_activity table with type=activity_update.

If more than What’s new update are done, they are all stored in that table and the most recent one is displayed with the member when members are listed.

If the most recent What’s new is deleted, it is deleted from the bp_activity table and nothing is displayed with the member on the members list. But previous what’s new updates are still in the bp_activity table.

So here is what I can’t figure out: How does buddypress determine whether to display a What’s new update along with the member during the members list. There doesn’t appear to be any flag in the bp_activity table to tell whether an activity_update is “active” or not.

I hope this question makes sense. I’m not sure if I’ve explained it very well.

Thanks,

Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46818

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for the question.

What you see in members list as the latest activity is not fetched from activity table.

When a user posts an activity update, After adding it to activity table, BuddyPress keeps a copy of the content in user meta ‘bp_latest_update’.

When an activity update is deleted, this meta gets deleted and BuddyPress does not try to update it by fetching from activity table.

This will get populated again when a new update is posted by the user.

I hope it helps you understad it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Mike Witt on #46821

Thanks Brajesh, that’s great. I see it there in usermeta. That’s exactly what I was looking for. -Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46827

You are welcome 🙂

The topic ‘ [Resolved] What controls the “What’s New” post display’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved