I’m looking for the mediapress shortcode that takes the user to “Create a gallery” . I can get the shortcodes to take them to uploading, but if they don’t have a gallery it does nothing for them.
My current URL would show as “http://www.reelhooked.co/members/adam/mediapress/create/” so even if there is a URL I can use as a custom link instead of a shortcode, that would be great too. The problem with URL is that the username aka “adam” in this situation, can’t be the same for everyone. Is there a way I can make this direct using their exact profile name?
I am sorry but there is no shortcode to link to that page directly. It is a dynamically generated link and since you have mentioned it, I will add a shortcode for logged in user.
You can use [mpp-create-gallery] to show gallery creation form for sitewide galleries.
PS: BuddyPress allows you to link to the current user’s gallery page from the Admin menu management, the problem is there is no way to link to the create sub page.
Unfortunately that link doesn’t work with my website, requires a new login everytime you try to use that URL however, the shortcode above worked perfectly to what I was seeking.
I was just looking for another shortcode to link to their photo and their video galleries.
Here’s a list of Plugins I’m using, you might find something useful
– BP Clear Notifications 1.0.2
– BP Redirect To Profile 1.2.2
– BuddyPress 2.8.1
– BuddyPress Edit Activity 1.0.8
– BuddyPress Follow 1.2.2
– BuddyPress Global Search 1.1.7
– BuddyPress Groups Extras 18.104.22.168
– BuddyPress Reorder Tabs 1.0.9
– BuddyPress Usernames Only 0.6
– Column Shortcodes 0.6.9
– Enhanced Text Widget 1.4.5
– iFlyChat 4.2.6
– MediaPress 1.0.7
– MediaPress – Light Gallery View 1.0.0
– MediaPress Set Profile Photo 1.0.0
– myCRED 1.7.5
– Nav Menu Roles 1.8.6
– Redirect to login if not logged in 1.6.3
– Remove Dashboard Access 1.1.3
– Smart Slider 3 3.1.6
– Subscribe To Comments 2.3
– User Switching 1.0.9
– Widget Shortcode 0.3.0
– WP Add Custom CSS 1.0.1
– wp Hosting Performance Check 2.13.7
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.