BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Woocommerce memberships – BuddyPress Member Types Pro

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Amir on #26854

Hi,

Aside from the BuddyPress system and the Member Types Pro pkugin, I have the following plugins:
    Woocommerce
    Woocommerce Memberships
    Woocommerce Subscriptions

I have Woocommerce memberships, but they do not appear at the Woocommerce member types, so I cannot assign them. Also, the Woocommerce meta box doesn’t appear at all in the member type settings. How can i fix it?

I also noticed that there are no documentations regarding the Woocommerce memberships settings.

Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26869

Hi Amir,
    Thank you for the question.

You can assign a member type based on the Woo Commerce Membership and not the reverse.

Please Edit a Membership and you will see member type check boxes to assign.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Amir on #26892

Please see your plugin’s description on woocommerce memberships – it says exactly the opposite than what you have mentioned:

https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-member-types-pro/

This is really frustrating.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26893

Hi,
    I am sorry if we did not update it . I was requested that the changing member type based on subscription is more logical, so we did it.

You can still enable the old behaviour by putting this in your bp-custom.phjp

add_filter( 'bpmtp_enable_wc_memberships_change_by_member_type', '__return_true');

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Amir on #26894

Do I need to create this file? Or it is already available? If so, what is the location?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26896

Please check your wp-content/plugins directory.

If it is not preset, you can create a file with name bp-custom.php
    Since it is a php file, Please make sure it starts with php tag as shown here
    https://pastebin.com/raw/mf2fzdxa (you can copy paste)

After that, add the code from above and it will show the option to select membership from the member types create/edit screen.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Amir on #26925

Thanks, since you solved the source of my issue with LearnDash group assignment, I will not use it for now, but my organization may require it in the future so I will keep this customization noted and hope it will still function in the future.

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26928

Thank you Amir.
    We do not plan to remove it in near future to avoid breaking backward compatibility.

Marking it resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Jason Marlowe on #41650

I am trying to get my site workflow setup so when someone purchases a Woocommerce Subscription, it assigns a membership and then attributes to a BuddyBoss(BuddyPress) group. WooCommerce parts are setup, but I’m not seeing anywhere in Membership Plan Data where I can attribute a group to the membership. Please advise. We’re trying to launch today.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41651

Hi Jason,
    I am sorry, the plugin does not work with BuddyBoss.

If you are using it with BuddyPress, you may map a member type to group and a membership to a member type(I do not think this is the best way thiough).

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved