- douglas on October 19, 2015 at 11:38 pm in reply to: Shortcode to show directly the gallery in a grid. #1041
I know I’m asking a big effort, but I’m afraid I’ll never manage by myself: could you please tell me step to step, like talking to a child which steps I’ve to do to create a gallery sitewide opened by clicking on the corrispondent voice on the menu bar.
I see in that gallery you’ve linked the url is very simple: it has just /gallery/new-test/
while when I start to create a gallery I see the permalink like this:
but beside this, as I said in the previous member I can’t upload any pics 🙁
- douglas on October 19, 2015 at 11:30 pm in reply to: Shortcode to show directly the gallery in a grid. #1040
A good thing is that now the admin page is totally changed: now it really seems the editor for creating the gallery: before it was like a simple wordpress page.
Btw, strange things keep happening.
When I try to create a gallery, or simply to edit the previous galley the ( select files button ) and the (drop files here ) are not working at all, can’t upload any pic
- douglas on October 19, 2015 at 11:08 pm in reply to: Shortcode to show directly the gallery in a grid. #1039
I downloaded the mediapress plugin not later than 3 weeks ago, but I don’t remember from where.
I see the gallery is working when I click on the link to my website you pasted, but I’d need an explaination on something.
When I’m on the homepage of my website: tratto111.altervista.org and I click on the unique voice on the bar menu: album, I still get the 404 error. I’m starting to think it depends on my pc, I’m really puzzled.
Do you manage to go to the gallery, starting from the homepage??
- douglas on October 19, 2015 at 9:16 pm in reply to: Shortcode to show directly the gallery in a grid. #1037
I think I’ve to struggle a bit for every step, but thanks for your support.
I’m on the permalink section:
I’ve deselected the option that was saved and I changed it with another one and saved the changes.
Then I selected back the previous setting and saved again.
Guess you meant this when said: copy the settings.
Unluckily didn’t work…or more probable, I’ve wrong something.
I’ve just sent you an email, with the keys to get in my website.
The title of the email is: psw of my website: support
The wordpress version I’m using it’s in italian, but guess it will be easy anyway for you.
Btw to get to the permalink section, click first to the voice: ” impostazioni” that mean settings.
- douglas on October 19, 2015 at 8:03 pm in reply to: Shortcode to show directly the gallery in a grid. #1034
I solved the first part: was due to the browswer: these days had some problems with chrome so I’m currently using Opera and this browswer does not show the “screen option” voice.
The coming back to chrome I instatly saw the ” screen option ” and followed the procedure, but in the end when I click on the voice on the menu it gives me 404 error as you wrote above.
I’m reading your advice to solve it….but I do not understand exactly what I’ve to do
“”3. If you are using sitewide gallery and you have changed the “Gallery slug ” in MediaPress settings, in that case, please flush rewrite rules to avoid 404 error””
What have I to change from the mediapress settings?
- douglas on October 19, 2015 at 7:31 pm in reply to: Shortcode to show directly the gallery in a grid. #1032
I don’t know why I’ve all these problems;
I’m trying to link the gallery from wordpress but:
– I do not have the voice: Galleries on the Menu
– and following the guide I went to see the screen option, but there is not to the right corner of my page
Another issue: I went to disable the user/groups gallery but after clickn on save changes those options appear activated again: I did it many times but nothing.
Can I give you my keys to get in my website for you to give a look.
I really don’t know whatelse I’ve to do
- douglas on October 19, 2015 at 6:25 pm in reply to: Shortcode to show directly the gallery in a grid. #1029
Here the result I’d like to obtain:
as you see, as soon as you click on the menu voice: Sitewide gallery, the gallery open up directly in a grid, while in my case when I click on the menu bar voice for the gallery, it firstly open the preview of the gallery, and I’ve to click on that preview to open the gallery up in a grid like in the demo example I’ve linked above.
- douglas on October 19, 2015 at 6:21 pm in reply to: Shortcode to show directly the gallery in a grid. #1028
Thanks for your quick reply.
I’ll try to explain better what I mean: my apologies for my english since now.
I need to create just one gallery: it will be the official gallery of the whole platform and I’ll be the unique one to upload photos to this gallery, adding photos to this gallery from time to time.
My problem is that, when I click on the voice “album” on the menu bar I get into the pages where all the galleries should be shown, but as I said before, I’ll have just 1 gallery, so I need this gallery to open up directly after clicking on the menu voice “album”
I’m going to activate the settings: pages from buddypress to show you how the gallery appears now.
- This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by douglas.