Tagged: buddypress, editor, gallery, grid, mediapress, page, shortcode
Finally a great plugins with lots of social options 🙂
I came across a problem hard to solve for me by myself.
As admin I want to create a an album gallery for my platform, so my idea is creating a voice to the menu bar and when users click on it, the gallery opens up already like in a grid.
I still didn’t manage to obtain it, cause when I click on the album voice on the menu bar, it open up the gallerieS, even if I created just one gallery, but I have to click again on the gallery preview to get to the grid gallery:
I need to skyp this step.
I was adviced to add this shortcode to the page I created
but is not working.
In a first attempt I’ve set from the buddypress setting that page I made for: galleries and didn’t work,
now I removed that page from the buddypress pages setting, and the gallery diseappeared completely showing just the written text of the shortcode.
Seems an easy thing to solve, but I do not have idea how to do it.
This is the url of the website test: http://tratto111.altervista.org/
The page for the gallery I’ve created is called: album
Hope in your help,
Thanks in advance
- Brajesh Singh on October 19, 2015 at 6:15 pm #1027
Welcome to BuddyDev forums and thank you for using MediaPress.
I am sorry but I did not understand the question properly, so I will try to explain what I understood and the solution. Please do correct me, if I did not get it correctly.
1. Do you want to list all galleries in a grid? If yes, please use [mpp-list-gallery ] shortcode. You can customize this shortcode with various options. Here is a guide for various options.
2. Or do you want to list all media? you can use [mpp-media] with all options exactly same as above. With mpp-media, you can also use ‘gallery_id=some_id’ to list media from that gallery.
[mpp-show-gallery id=XX] will only list the media from a single gallery. so that may not be usefull for you.
If you simply need a page where all the galleries are listed, You can simply enable directory from MediaPress Settings->BuddyPress and then assign a page to gallery in BuddyPress->pages. It will list all galleries.
If you can explain me and provides more details, I might have other suggestions too.
Thanks for your quick reply.
I’ll try to explain better what I mean: my apologies for my english since now.
I need to create just one gallery: it will be the official gallery of the whole platform and I’ll be the unique one to upload photos to this gallery, adding photos to this gallery from time to time.
My problem is that, when I click on the voice “album” on the menu bar I get into the pages where all the galleries should be shown, but as I said before, I’ll have just 1 gallery, so I need this gallery to open up directly after clicking on the menu voice “album”
I’m going to activate the settings: pages from buddypress to show you how the gallery appears now.
- This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by douglas.
Here the result I’d like to obtain:
as you see, as soon as you click on the menu voice: Sitewide gallery, the gallery open up directly in a grid, while in my case when I click on the menu bar voice for the gallery, it firstly open the preview of the gallery, and I’ve to click on that preview to open the gallery up in a grid like in the demo example I’ve linked above.
- Brajesh Singh on October 19, 2015 at 6:58 pm #1031
Thank you for the clarification.
1. There is no need to create any page. You can link to the gallery directly from your Appearance->menu page. Here is a guide on How to Link to a Gallery directly from WordPress Menu
2. If you are the only one going to upload, here are my advice:-
– Please disable User/groups gallery and keep the Sitewide Gallery active only.
-From MediaPress settings, Please disable the status/type you don’t need and save.
– You can create Sitewide Gallery from Dasboard->MediaPress->Add New Photo gallery. Try it and you will be pleasantly surprised. The editing/uploading experience should be great we hope.
3. If you are using sitewide gallery and you have changed the “Gallery slug ” in MediaPress settings, in that case, please flush rewrite rules to avoid 404 error.
Once you have created a gallery, please link that to the menu.
Hope that helps.
I don’t know why I’ve all these problems;
I’m trying to link the gallery from wordpress but:
– I do not have the voice: Galleries on the Menu
– and following the guide I went to see the screen option, but there is not to the right corner of my page
Another issue: I went to disable the user/groups gallery but after clickn on save changes those options appear activated again: I did it many times but nothing.
Can I give you my keys to get in my website for you to give a look.
I really don’t know whatelse I’ve to do
- Brajesh Singh on October 19, 2015 at 7:38 pm #1033
I am sorry for the trouble.
Please drop me a mail at email@example.com or PM me the site admin login details for an hour and I will take care of everything.
I solved the first part: was due to the browswer: these days had some problems with chrome so I’m currently using Opera and this browswer does not show the “screen option” voice.
The coming back to chrome I instatly saw the ” screen option ” and followed the procedure, but in the end when I click on the voice on the menu it gives me 404 error as you wrote above.
I’m reading your advice to solve it….but I do not understand exactly what I’ve to do
“”3. If you are using sitewide gallery and you have changed the “Gallery slug ” in MediaPress settings, in that case, please flush rewrite rules to avoid 404 error””
What have I to change from the mediapress settings?
- Brajesh Singh on October 19, 2015 at 8:30 pm #1035
I am glad you have sorted out most.
For the last, please visit “Dashboard->settings->Permalink” and copy your current settings. Then select a different one and click save. After that, copy back your old permalink and save. The first change will flush the permalink while the second restores your old setting.
Flushing rewrite rules is a heavy operation, that’s why we do it only at the activation of the plugin and not each time the options is saved. Please give it a try and let me know if that made it work.
I think I’ve to struggle a bit for every step, but thanks for your support.
I’m on the permalink section:
I’ve deselected the option that was saved and I changed it with another one and saved the changes.
Then I selected back the previous setting and saved again.
Guess you meant this when said: copy the settings.
Unluckily didn’t work…or more probable, I’ve wrong something.
I’ve just sent you an email, with the keys to get in my website.
The title of the email is: psw of my website: support
The wordpress version I’m using it’s in italian, but guess it will be easy anyway for you.
Btw to get to the permalink section, click first to the voice: ” impostazioni” that mean settings.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.