BuddyDev

Search

Shortcode to show directly the gallery in a grid.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1038

Hi Douglas,
    It is fixed now.

I had a look at your site and I found that you were using a very old version of MediaPress. When did you download it and from where. It might be my fault to link to an older version, so just need the idea.

I have updated the MediaPress plugin there. Also deactivated it on network and just activated it on your main site. If you need it on all site only then you should network activate it.

After upgrade, There was some file caching that caused me to wait for a few minutes. After that, Things seem to work for me. I have disabled the Members/groups etc. Please check and see if there is any issue.

Here is an example gallery that you had created earlier.
    http://tratto111.altervista.org/gallery/new-test/

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    douglas on #1039

I downloaded the mediapress plugin not later than 3 weeks ago, but I don’t remember from where.

I see the gallery is working when I click on the link to my website you pasted, but I’d need an explaination on something.
    When I’m on the homepage of my website: tratto111.altervista.org and I click on the unique voice on the bar menu: album, I still get the 404 error. I’m starting to think it depends on my pc, I’m really puzzled.

Do you manage to go to the gallery, starting from the homepage??

• Participant
    douglas on #1040

A good thing is that now the admin page is totally changed: now it really seems the editor for creating the gallery: before it was like a simple wordpress page.

Btw, strange things keep happening.
    When I try to create a gallery, or simply to edit the previous galley the ( select files button ) and the (drop files here ) are not working at all, can’t upload any pic

• Participant
    douglas on #1041

I know I’m asking a big effort, but I’m afraid I’ll never manage by myself: could you please tell me step to step, like talking to a child which steps I’ve to do to create a gallery sitewide opened by clicking on the corrispondent voice on the menu bar.

I see in that gallery you’ve linked the url is very simple: it has just /gallery/new-test/
    while when I start to create a gallery I see the permalink like this:
    members/lotratto/mediapress/another-test
    but beside this, as I said in the previous member I can’t upload any pics 🙁

• Participant
    douglas on #1042

I’ve just noticed another problem:

Going to the gallery you linked above: http://tratto111.altervista.org/gallery/new-test/
    if you click on a photo to open it up, the page can’t be found. it mess the website.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1045

Hi Douglas,
    My apologies for the delayed reply. We had some maintenance work going on the BuddyDev, so could not reply earlier.

I will first visit the site and fix the issues. I know why they are appearing( for old galleries, try creating new galleries, these won’t).

After that I will let you know the details here.

• Participant
    douglas on #1046

I also thought it might depends on the setting of the old galleries, but I tried to create new galleries and as I said before when I try happen 2 things:

1) the permalink is still as the old ones: http://tratto111.altervista.org/members/lotratto/mediapress/

2)The button (Select files ) and the function ( Drop files here ) are not working: the button does not open up any folders, and even trying to drag pics into the box does not work

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by douglas.
  • Participant
    douglas on #1048

I’m reading this part of the guide
    https://buddydev.com/mediapress/topics/getting-started/settings-options/configuring-mediapress/#activity-upload

In my mediapress settings are missing the following voices:
    -Allow activity upload
    -Enable gallery directory
    -Enable media directory

Might it depends on this or maybe is just a difference from older version of mediapress when you wrote the guide and the current version?

There’s something I forgot to say before about mediapress on the network.
    On the main website as I said there will be just the sitewide gallery in which I’ll be the unique one to upload pics allowing the members to comment them.
    But I’d like the members of my website to create their own gallery in their own space that I create with Wp-multisite and buddypress network, that’s why I’ve activated before mediapress on the network.
    What I’ve to do now to activate it again on the network? Simply activating it from the plugins page?
    Thank you very much

• Participant
    douglas on #1059

Hope to get some more help, cause now I’m more stuck than before: can’t create any galleries cause it’s impossible to upload pics.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1060

Hi Douglas,
    I am sorry I missed to update you.

I logged in to your site earlier and was able to upload and see images.

Here is the gallery you had created( images were uploaded by me)
    Here is the link of the sitewide gallery.
    http://tratto111.altervista.org/gallery/test-test/

1. i had issues yesterday creating gallery on your site due to caching issue. I cleared cached and waited for few minutes only then I was able to upload. I believe you are facing the same problem( even the upload box was not visible to me properly when I had upgraded the site).

Please clear cache and try. It is working fine for me.

2. The problem with images not being found was related to gallery component. Tjose images had no component assigfgned. You don’t need to worry about it. It was due to old version.

For Linking, please create a gallery and link directly.

Hope that helps.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved