- Neil McEvoy on February 13, 2018 at 9:38 am #13382
No worries I’m not in any rush, and I want to get the signup/membership processes exactly right, so happy to spend time brainstorming.
I’m thinking combining it with other plugins is a good idea. for example I just bought this one:
So we could combine an Invitation Code with a Member Type.
- Neil McEvoy on February 11, 2018 at 3:21 pm #13350
I think my requirements are right, as they are literally I simply need a Member Type system, primarily for regulating WP Roles. Ie [Students] can access Learnpress modules through WP Student role.
Ideally there will be various workflows for managing Member Type assignment (invites, vouchers, group-activations etc.), and I appreciate I may be more demanding in this regard, however that’s my core requirement and at this stage simple workflows are fine, eg assigning from Users section.
I would imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to build a custom Registration form, one pre-programmed with the Member Type, eg Keynote Author. So I could then send that page as an invite to potential Authors etc.
- Neil McEvoy on February 11, 2018 at 11:49 am #13347
So to speed things along, I have deactivated Membership2 for the time being, I will integrate that or a.n.other membership system later.
My first goal is to get the basic Member Type workflows established. I have reverted the Registration page to the Buddypress standard.
How can I start adding workflows for applying for/approving Member Types now?
- Neil McEvoy on February 11, 2018 at 10:58 am #13346
Ok thanks. But also please also consider it without Membership2 as the main requirement, I can deactivate it for the moment if needs be.
My primary goal is to get Member Types basic provisioning, eg Keynote Authors, via an invite, up and running first.
So help with basic set up of Member Types for this too please.
- Neil McEvoy on February 11, 2018 at 10:21 am #13342
Couple additional questions on same:
1) How do I manually assign a Member Type to a user?
2) Can I link group membership to Member Type provisioning, ie if I send you an invite to group ‘Keynote Authors’, when you accept and join that group, the Type is automatically upgraded and assigned?
- Neil McEvoy on February 11, 2018 at 10:05 am #13339
Yes Buddypress is network active, I’m not using any other multi-network plugin except core WordPress multi-site.
I don’t know what you mean by ‘BP Multi Blog mode’.
Also I think I have found it. When I go to the main site (digitalscot.net), not the Network Admin, and go to Users, then I see and can add Member Types.
Now when I go to Network Admin > Settings > Member Types, I see the correct options 🙂
- Neil McEvoy on February 11, 2018 at 9:44 am #13336
Ok, next problem, when I go to Main Site > User, I don’t see an option for Member Types.