Have you ever wanted to create multiple social networks on a single install of BuddyPress. If yes, this plugin is for you. You can turn your WordPress Multisite/BuddyPress Install to multiple separate social networks using this plugin just like Ning. BuddyPress Multi Network plugin enables you to create separate social networks on a single BuddyPress Installation.
- It allows you to create Separate social networks on a single BuddyPress Install
- It separates the User base of one network from another(Each network can have different user base)
- A user can be part of more than one network
- All networks can have their own user base, activities, groups, Profile data(xprofile fields) which can be different from other
- WordPress Multisite 3.3+(should work with 3.1+ but I haven’t tested with that)
- BuddyPress 1.5+
- BuddyPress Multiblog Enabled( BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG defined true)
- BuddyPress Multi Network Plugin Network activated.
I am calling it BuddyPress Multi Network(Though I thought about calling it bp multisite but that seemed a lot confusing, suggestions for new names are more than welcome ).
BuddyPress Multi Network will enable you to create Multiple BuddyPress based social networks on a single Install of BuddyPress. It filters on various BuddyPress actions/filters and guides buddypress to treat each of the blog as separate network(Kudos to the BuddyPress core team for allowing filterabale meta keys/table prefixes ).
Basically, when you create a new network, All the BuddyPress tables are created for that network. It helps to separate the data of one network from the other network.
This plugin in addition creates a table which tracks the users associated with various networks. Since we track the user for each networks, It allows us to filter the member directory/activity directory etc to show only the members associated with current site.
In the current version of the plugin, It does not filter users on your main site. Though, if you want you can enable that by commenting a few line in the plugin. A user is considered to be associated with a network if he/she is added to the blog by any means or registers on that particular blog. I am going to put another plugin(widget) tomorrow to allow you to help your users join the sub networks.
If you have an existing BuddyPress/WordPress multisite install and want to use this feature, please read the instructions here.
Download & Installation:-
This is a free plugin. Please feel free to use it for your personal/commercial projects. If you like our plugins, please consider one of our membership to support us. Your support will help us keep building themes/plugins.This is a free plugin. Please feel free to use it on your personal/commercial projects. If you like our plugin, please consider one of our membership to support us. Your support will help us to keep building themes/plugins.
If you have an existing BuddyPress Based Social network and want to Run multiple Social network on this site. Please read here before updating.
Though this plugin allows separation of users from one network to other network, there remains a few questions unanswered?
- What if a User deletes account on one of the network ? should he be removed from all the networks? what happens to his data on other networks ?
- What if a user is marked spam on a network, what should we do with his/her data?
Ok, In both these cases, we can delete all the data but I have not done that yet. I am looking forward to your suggestions before going into that direction.
- Introducing Facebook Like User Activity Stream(Home activity feed) for BuddyPress Based Social Network
- Introducing Cosmic Buddy Pro Theme for BuddyPress Based Social Networks
- Introducing BuddyPress Limit Friendship Plugin: Limit Number of Friends or Friendship requests on BuddyPress based social network
- Introducing BuddyPress Facebook Connect+: Advance Facebook login/registration Plugin for your BuddyPress based Social Network
- Auto Login the user after account Activation On BuddyPress Based Social Networks