Thanks to @Daniel for the suggesting this plugin. BuddyPress Simple Google Map plugin uses static google map api to add the Maps to groups. It is tested to work with BuddyPress 1.2.9 as well as BuddyPress 1.3(bleeding).
In the current version, I have only added support for group and I am looking forward to your suggestion whether you will like to have the static map for User profiles too.
- Adds Google Map to Groups
- Comes with Widget to showcase the map in sidebar
- Simple to Use
- Allows to enable/disable per group
- You can set the basic settings in the admin panel.
Here is a screenshot of the map in action:-
Group Map tab
You can set the height, width, zoom level and the map type from BuddyPress->BP Simple Map admin options. Here are the two options to show it
You can select from any of the four map types :- Roadmap, Terrain, Setellite, and Hybrid.
You can select zoom level upto 21(highest) as shown below
Here is the widget settings screen
The Location can be set from Groups->Group Name->Admin->Map as shown below
You can even disable the map for a particular group from admin->settings page
Ok, no more screenshots, now the time for action.
You can grab the plugin from below.
I am looking forward to hear your thought about adding support for user profile.
- Introducing BuddyPress Limit Group Membership Plugin
- Introducing BuddyPress Live Notification Plugin: A facebook like notification plugin for BuddyPress
- Introducing BP Group Activities Notifier plugin for BuddyPress
- BuddyPress Simple Front End Post: A plugin to allow front end posting for the users
- Introducing BuddyPress Default Group Tab plugin