Update: [25th september 2010]: Bp-Wire is updated to version 1.1.3 with group mass mail notification and allowing custom positioning of wire, changing wire to wall and a few more.
Today, I got the time to update bp-wire plugin. It is a major update, so I thought it deserves a separate post.
For general information on bp-wire, please see this post.
Here are the major changes
- Wire for User
- Wire for group(can be enabled, is disabled by default)
- Fully translatable
- Notifications on new wire post
- Mass mail notify on group wire post[v 1.1.3]
- Feeds for Profile wire[ v1.1.3]
- Feeds for Group Wire [v 1.1.3]
- Custom Change position of Profile wire link/Group wire Link[ v1.1.3]
- Change wire to wall or anything at all position easily[ v 1.1.3]
- Fixed pagination issue
- Fixed profile wire notification bug[v 1.1.2]
- Automatic loading of css from theme/wire/style.css[can be disabled]
Update: Plase make sure to check the permanent page of this plugin for updates https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-wire/
Curren version:- https://buddydev.com/http//buddydev.com/public-download/bp-wire-1.1.3.zip [updated on 25th September, 2010]
- unzip bp-wire1.1.2.zip
- move bp-wire to wp-content/plugins
- move bp-wire/wire to your current theme
- Login to Dashboard, go to Plugins->Installed, and activate the "bp-wire"
Enabling support for group wire
Please put the following code in your bp-custom.php
And you must log in to wp-dashboard atleast once to get the table created.
You can edit the css in your theme/wire/style.css and It will be automatically loaded.
You can stop the auto loading of the css:-
To stop the plugin from autoloading css, you can add the following lines of code to your bp-custom.php
Change The "Wire" name
define("BP_WIRE_LABEL","Wall");//or what ever you want to change the label
Change Wire link Position in the Profile
define("BP_WIRE_POSITION",20);//change it to some integer value
Change Wire link position In group Wire
Making wire as default landing page
A user can enable/disable email notification of new wire post from User->profile->settings->notification
I have put a po file in the bp-wire/languages directory. To translate the bp-wire plugin to your language, please use poedit to generate the mo file. Rename the mo file as "bp-wire_YOUR_LOCAL.mo", and put it in the languages directory.
Using wire with custom theme:-
To use wire with custom theme, you will need to modify a few files. The file of interest for you will be "latest.php" for user wire and "group-wire.php" for group wire.
Looking forward to your suggestions and feedback.
PS: My next update will be the site wide activity widget which should be available tomorrow.