Do you want to limit the no. of users who can join a group on your BuddyPress based site? Well, now you can. The BuddyPress Limit Members Per Group plugin gives you the flexibility to set the limit for all groups on your Site or just for individual groups.
This plugin was a brainchild of our very own @mercime. So, if you are using this plugin, do not forget to say thanks to him.
- Allows you to Limit the Membership globally(for all the groups)
- Allows Site admins to give the group admins capability to override global settings ( If allowed in admin, it can be turned off for individual group)
What it does:-
- Limit Group joining for public groups
- Limit Request Invite/Joining for Private Groups
- Limit the acceptance of group membership requests by member(if a group reaches its specified limits)
I will let the picture say the thousand words.
Under BuddyPress->settings you will see the options like this
As you can see, you can set a global limit, the error message and also allow/deny group admins to override settings.
If the override is allowed, here is what a group admin will see:-
A group admin can set his/her own limits and also turn off the limit if they want.
Now, we will see some of the examples on how it works:-
Here is a screenshot from directory pages:-
That is the message shown to the user when they try to join a group which has reached its limit.
If the user tries to join from Single Group page, here is what they see:-
For private group request membership:-
And if the user got an invitation for a group but before he/she could join, if the group reaches the limit, here is what he/she will see.
As you can see, when I tested this plugin with Anu( @anusharma )’s account , It showed the message correctly(My account is superadmin, so it has no limitations).
Download & Installation:-
I hope that you all will like the plugin and if you use it, please do share about your experience and use case.