- Graham Hoffman on February 6, 2017 at 10:56 am #7228
Just some display bugs I’ve got on file, here they are:
1. Profile Settings/Cog on Friends Requests/Friends is within the profile picture container. This should really be outside the profile picture container.
In my screenshot below you can see the start of the submenu under ‘Airsoft Map’
3. The Activity/Status bar needs some padding to stand out while not selected. Otherwise it’s easy to miss.
Is there a way to make the profile/icons on the activity area bigger?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/blt49e6ak38bexg/Screenshot%202017-02-06%2005.41.34.png?dl=0 (before selection)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynjzt21u07zuvpl/Screenshot%202017-02-06%2005.41.40.png?dl=0 (after selection)
4. Cover pages missing. I’m not sure whether this was a recent update, I’ve checked my BP Options and it does show User Profiles can set cover photos.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9gc1qy09tcsp57/Screenshot%202017-02-06%2006.02.47.png?dl=0 (notice ‘Delete my cover image’
5. The BP sidebar really needs to have customisation or have padding, it’s very hard to distinguish options due to the white background with my website’s theme.
In addition to that, any widgets I add into this sidebar look ugly. I’m not really sure if there is anything you can do about this, but it just doesn’t seem friendly to use for widgets. Here’s a few examples, notice the change in backgrounds, text colours and formatting. It would be great if you had some built in ‘widgets’ for community builder side menus.
- Brajesh Singh on February 6, 2017 at 11:56 am #7229
I am sorry for the inconvenience. The Facy blue theme style is not refined well. We are working on it and in 1-2 days we will have it properly available.
1. seems like an issue with Facy Blue. Looking at it.
2. It’s a z-index issue. We have tried to keep the z-index range in sane level. Will check with geo dir and will update our compatibility css to include a fix.
3. Another facy Blue issue. next update will resolve it.
4. Please check again. It seems the cover image was somehow deleted from the location but not from database. I tested it and it works fine. The button is there since BuddyPress thinks that the cover image is present(as in DB), but the file does not exist.
5.I am sorry, The panel widgets should have been disabled for the initial released. It seems, we somehow missed to disable it. The Panel widgets were not ready for the initial release. Since it has been already enabled, we will put the proper css form the dev version to make it look better.
Please allow me around 24 hours to put a complete update of the Facy Blue theme style. That will resolve all these issues and will add some more enhancements.
- Graham Hoffman on February 6, 2017 at 12:05 pm #7232
Please stop apologising, I’m so impressed with your effort and willingness to support the feedback.
Keep up the great work, I look forward to the next update.
- Brajesh Singh on February 6, 2017 at 12:48 pm #7233
Thank you for the kind words. It’s a pleasure working with you. Please keep the feedback coming.
I am looking forward to the next update 🙂
- Brajesh Singh on February 7, 2017 at 11:24 pm #7262
We have updated the cog and made is much prominent/better
The cog color/background are now changeable within the customize section(styling panel)
I have also fixed the issue with the footer.
I am posting here to request you to allow me one more day with the theme update. We are trying to include all your mentioned updates and a lot more enhancements(gradient editor, directory header images etc, left/right panel customizer). I am not sure how many of these will make into 1.0.8 due to the time constraints. Still, we will like to delay the release by a day and try to include them all.
I hope you will not mind that.
- Graham Hoffman on February 8, 2017 at 5:58 am #7274
‘Best things come to those who wait’
I’m more than happy to wait a few extra days for you to add it with other bits. Just make sure it’s in the changelog so I can see what I need to check/update.
- Brajesh Singh on February 10, 2017 at 4:26 am #7285
Thank you Graham.
I took the opportunity to sort out our grids(We had issues with grids control on different layout and various places).
Will release the first major update tomorrow(Saturday).
Also, since the very first time you had mentioned for changes log, I have always kept(and updated) it on our theme release history page.
- Brajesh Singh on February 13, 2017 at 3:58 am #7315
Can you please update to the new release and let me know if it fixes the issues.
The list of changes are here
At the last moment , I had to hold a few changes(panel colors/card colors). We will be pushing those this week too.
- Graham Hoffman on February 16, 2017 at 6:16 am #7355
Great work on the update, the cog customisation is so much better and page layouts (Groups/Members), I haven’t looked at widgets yet on the sidebar but will over the weekend.
A few more follow up points:
I’m still unable to add cover photos, I can upload one and it shows – but upon refreshing the page it immediately disappears.
-I add a photo
-I refresh the screen
Photos added in the Activity stream, is there a way they can fill the status area responsively?
- Brajesh Singh on February 16, 2017 at 11:48 am #7356
More updates coming this weekend too.
I tested the cover upload, It is working for me. I am not sure what could be the reason. can you please try a different image.
Also, is the any chance that you have overridden the profile background in custom css(just trying to find out the conflict). Or, I do have link to the site, Can you please post me to a profile where you have uploaded a cover, I can see if it is some css conflict.
About the media, If there were multiple media, It would have been like that(filled space). I am assuming in MediaPress, we should check the count and if it is a single media, we should use the mid/large size image instead of the thumbnail. I am going to update MediaPress with it and see how it goes.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.