BuddyDev

Search

Add category to corresponding group

• Participant
    Geeko on #22468

Hey can you help me with the following problem
    I mean is there any code snippets that would add the functionality of associating category with the group when user post a blog post and after adding the category it shows to the activity stream of that particular group. And also when creating group the there is any setting to allow admin of the group to associate with the particular category

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #22474

Hello Geeko,

Please check the following topic. It might help you

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/blog-categories-for-groups-auto-creating-selecting-cats-for-groups/

Please do let me know if it fixes your requirement.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    logan on #22475

hey brajesh

Any idea on that even i would like to i have solution for it and i have even tried your blog category for group but it need your front end post plugin as i don’t want it because i already have my own front end post plugin i just want to associate category with the group and when user select category while posting it is automatically add to the activity of that group.

• Participant
    logan on #22481

hey anyone i tried your solution but it need your simple front end post plugin

• Participant
    logan on #22500

hey brajesh please help me out i just want to associate wordpress post category with the group your blog category for group need your simple front end post plugin to work which i don’t need as i already have my own front end post plugin any help will be appreciated.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22501

Hi,
    Thank you for the replies.
    Since Ravi was looking at this, I have not looked at it. I or my team will assist you with it in next 1-2 days.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    logan on #22503

thank you so much brajesh i will love and appreciate that if it work

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22504

Thank you for the patience. It will work 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22579

Hi,
    We have updated the plugin and now publishing from dashboard should work too(You will need to save the group to terms association one more time).

You can give it a try from here

https://github.com/buddydev/blog-categories-for-groups

We will be publishing it on BuddyDev tomorrow.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    logan on #22581

Hey brajesh
    thanks for responding on time but it is not working i posted from the dashboard but the post is not showing in the group

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved