BuddyDev

Search

Add category to corresponding group

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22620

Thank you.
    Please login to PHPMyadmin. Select your current database and run the following query.

SELECT * FROM wp_bp_groups_groupmeta WHERE meta_key='_bcg_term_id';

in the table name “wp_bp_groups_groupmeta”, please replace “wp_” with your own table prefix.

Let me know what you see there.

Regards
    Brajesh

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by Brajesh Singh.
  • Participant
    Level: Initiated
    logan on #22622
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22623

Thank you.

It seems to me that your group with id 4 has proper association.

1. Please visit a group(any group)
    2. From the manage->Blog Categories, select 2 categories & Save
    3. Visit Dashboard->Posts->New and select at least one of the 2 category.
    4. Publish the post.
    5. Visit activity stream, this will show the correct action.

If it is not happening, Please disable all plugins and customizations except BuddyPress/ Blog Categories for groups and switch to default theme and try.

Please let me know what you find.

PS:- Just to clarify, the posting from front end is not required.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    logan on #22624

hey brajesh

you know what there is a bug that is why it is not working because if more than one group is associated with the single category then it don’t show up in the group activity stream.

• Participant
    logan on #22625

hey brajesh
    any update on it
    there is also one more bug when group member publish post then also it don’t show up in the group activity stream but it shows up in the group blog section.
    Also the non member post can be seen in the group blog section when they post in the category associated with the group

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22626

Hi,
    Please have patience. This is low on priority(It is our last working day of the week) and there are other works I am involved right now. So, it may take a few hours sometimes in my reply.

I will test the multi category issue and will be posting an update in next couple of hours.

Also, The last reply is expected behaviour. We do not check for who posts it. The moment you allow it from dashboard, we have no idea if a user is a member or not and will be beyond the scope for this plugin.
    If you want, I can point you to test for membership for groups.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    logan on #22627

hi thanks for your reply i know you have some other priority i was just telling you about bug i came across and but what about the post publish by user not showing in the group activity stream
    and also if you have time then please point me to test the membership for the group.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22628

Hi,
    Thank you.

1. I consider issue related to selection of multiple category and activity stream a bug and will be pushing a fix today.

2. I do not consider a user not belonging to group getting their post recorded as a bug. This happens as we record all activities for posts where the associated terms are part f a group to the group(as per your earlier requirement).
    This is not the behaviour of the plugin by default as we expect people to use our front end editor for posting.
    Will be glad to push a fix for this case in future but not now.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22630

Hi,
    I was testing again.

When a category is associated with multiple groups, The published posts activity is pushed to one of the groups randomly.

Can you please verify if it not appearing in all groups? It should appear in one of the groups randomly.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    logan on #22633

Hi,
    thanks brajesh for the reply,yes you are right it is appearing in the one of the group randomly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved