BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Any chance of adding a redirect option to the profile completion plugin?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    John on #49685

I use the buddydev profile completion widget to force users to upload a photo first thing after signing up. It would be really great to be able to redirect them to a URL of my choice once they complete that action…

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #49686

Hello John,

Thank you for posting. Please try the following code it will redirect the user to mentioned URL once their profile gets complete

add_action( 'bpprocn_user_profile_completed', function ( $user_id ) {
    	// Provide your redirect url here
    	$location_url = '';

bp_core_redirect( $location_url );
    	exit;
    } );

Please check and let me know if it helps or not.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Lesbos Biker on #51270

We would like to use the Profile Completion on our site. If i’m reading John’s question correctly, is the Profile Completion plugin currently redirecting the new user to their profile, then? If not, where exactly does it redirect them once the required profile fields are completed?

I’m asking because I don’t want to use both the Login Redirect and Profile Completion plugins if the Login Redirect is not necessary when using the Profile Completion.

1) I did read through the BuddyPress User Profile Completion Homepage at https://buddydev.com/introducing-buddypress-user-profile-completion/ and it didn’t mention this.
    2) I’m piggy-backing off John’s question because I cannot find how/where to ask a question on this or any other forum/topic here. Where is the option to ask a question in the BuddyPress forum?

Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #51283

Hello,

Welcome to the BuddyDev Forums. BuddyPress Profile Completion redirect in the following manner:

1. Firstly, It will check for all required fields if not completed it will redirect the user to the edit profile page.

2. Secondly, It will check for the profile photo if not uploaded it will redirect the user to the change profile photo page.

3. Lastly, It will check for the profile cover if not uploaded it will redirect the user to the change profile cover page.

Please let me know if need further assistance

PS: You can use the BuddyDev support page to ask for anything regarding BuddyDev plugins and themes

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Lesbos Biker on #51300

Thanks for the swift response, I didn’t realize you responded. I am asking, where is the user redirected after all the required fields are in fact completed? What’s the next step once the widget deems it’s okay to proceed?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #51332

Hello Lesbos,

It will redirect the user to the change profile photo page. If marked, under settings. Please let me know if it is not what you are asking for. Please tell me more about your requirements so that I can help.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Lesbos Biker on #51333

Hi, i don’t think you’re understanding me so I will try a different way. After they have uploaded a profile picture and cover picture, where are they redirected to?

• Participant
    Lesbos Biker on #51334

1. Firstly, It will check for all required fields if not completed it will redirect the user to the edit profile page.

2. Secondly, It will check for the profile photo if not uploaded it will redirect the user to the change profile photo page.

I only plan to use the required fields and profile photo requirements. Where is the user redirected after these are completed?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #51340

Hello Lesbos,

Thank you for the clarification. Please note that the Profile completion plugin only redirects the user if he/she has not completed the required fields or photo as per settings. Once the user has completed all the required things it will not redirect. But in case you want to redirect the user to a specific page I have shared the code above for that. Please check.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Lesbos Biker on #51353

Ravi, thanks again. Yes, you’ve answered my question perfectly and I will add the code. I assume it goes in the Appearance/Cusdtomize/Additional CSS section?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved