BuddyDev

Search

BP Member Types Pro – how to assign member type automatically

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Vivek Mathur on #20549

Hi, i want to assign the member type automatically on registration, conditional on the value of a particular field in the registration form- how can i do that?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20550

Hi Vivek,
    Please create a member type field and you can use it to let users choose their members type.

For more details, Please see
    https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-member-types-pro/creating-buddypress-member-type-profile-fields/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Vivek Mathur on #20551

Thanks, but if i dont want to call the field “Member Type” in the reg form, but want to set a member type at the backend basis the value in a registration field, eg “I am a:”

Also, what would be clean way to rename a member type later say if i call it “Teachers” now, when i am in one city (say Pune), but when i move to another city, in a few months, i will have separate types “Pune Teachers” and “Mumbai Teachers” and so on.

• Participant
    Vivek Mathur on #20552

At that time i shall need to do some custom code to interpret 2 fields in the reg form “I am a…” and “I live in..” and basis the combination entered, assign Pune Teachers, Pune Students, MUmbai Teachers etc

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20553

You can name the field anything. It is a select/radio field that allows selecting one or more type. You can name it anything you want.

The plugin can not auto update member type based on when a user moves. You will need to handle this case via core or a better strategy is to create member types of these values and let the user update their profile when they move.

A member type can be anything, It is just a way to orgnize your users.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Vivek Mathur on #20556
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20557
    This reply has been marked as private.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved